Search by job title or keyword
We are looking for the pioneers who can help us move our vision for QA & Testing forward. People who want to work collaboratively across business and technology, owning the conversation on Quality to ensure we are producing great solutions for our customer.
We want people who have deep QA and test experience and who want to join our community in order to change it and make it better for the benefit of our customers experience.
About you in the role
As our Test Manager you’ll take a key leadership role with the Shop Direct Technology team, reporting into our Test Principal.
By coming in and taking ownership of the direction on quality you will help coach and create capability for a set of test analysts to ensure test outcomes meets customer expectations.
Your approaches and plans will help us cover all functional and non-functional aspects of the product, and push the team to adopt and drive an ‘automation first’ approach.
You’ll take ownership of the outcomes of testing, converting these to actionable insights and knowledge to allow our key stakeholders to make the right choices on risk at the right time.
Collaboration is key, you’ll have rich conversations at every stage of the development process to drive defect prevention, and deliver quality throughout the team.
Our Test Manager will help demonstrate an approach of defect prevention over defect detection
and look at continuous improvement to ensure that the test approaches we have adopted are the best.
We will empower you to build your own, and your teams, capability from self-development and mentoring to contributing and influencing the internal and external test community.
You will have a high level of QA and Testing experience, including people management in a software testing environment, and expertise in the domain of QA and Test, at a practical execution level.
- Proven level of work experience in software testing
- Experience of modern software testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Adaptable leadership skills, both in terms of stakeholder engagement and team
- Strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate curiosity, ownership, learning, bravery and an agile mindset
- Your known as a key influencer to teams in their approach to QA
- You’ll get the importance of the testing models to drive the right type of testing at the right time, including automation frameworks
- Ability to implement Test-Driven approaches to software engineering (ATDD, BDD & TDD)
- SOAP and/or REST API testing, using tools such as Postman,Swagger, SOAPUI
- Experience of leading non-functional testing, particularly performance and security testing
- Generous and competitive salary
- Flexible benefits allowance of £1,000 (can take around 90% as additional salary if needed)
- Bonus up to 14%
- Brand Discount up to 25%
- Pension matched at 6%
- Cycle to work scheme
- 1x Life Assurance / Private Medical Cover
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free on-site parking *subject to postcode
- Free on-site gym
- Discounted Coffee and food outlets
- Regular salary reviews and career progression