Search by job title or keyword
Supplier Auditor ( Finance)
Shop Direct are excited to be recruiting for a specialist finance analyst to support in the auditing of our top spend supplier contracts – a real chance to identify and drive real business benefit.
As a truly values and purpose led business, we are famous for our culture here at shop direct, you are empowered and trusted to make the right decisions, and our continuous feedback principles mean that business areas work together to create long lasting and successful relationships.
About the role
The role will support delivery of the rolling supplier audit programme primarily focused on detailed and forensic analysis of financial transactions between SD and third-party suppliers to ensure that billing, invoicing and recoveries are in line with the contractual terms.
- Identify and collect data required to conduct spend analytics on the services provided to Shop Direct by the supplier while ensuring that these are complete and reflects services provided
- Conduct detailed analysis of spend to test adherence to contract schedules, volumes and discounts & all price change implementations
- Identify root cause of invoicing and billing errors and estimate the amounts owed by the supplier
- Ensure that all of the findings are backed up with supported evidence to enable recoveries and realization of benefits from the suppliers
- Work collaboratively with functional colleagues managing day to day interactions with the supplier
- Work closely with Data intelligence team to quickly identify and access relevant data including limitations
- Support reporting of key findings on an ongoing basis during the review
You will have strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation. You’ll possess a high level of integrity and are able to challenge upwards and cross-functionally whilst you welcome being challenged.
You will have strong data/ analysis abilities ( Data Mining/ SQL) with experience in Auditing or be a qualified or part qualified auditor.
Working within a high-profile function you will be resilient, highly flexible and self-motivated. You’ll be commercial in your outlook and able to see the impact from a variety of standpoints, offering pragmatic solutions.
This is a position whereby your actions can impact the wider business, you will be able to measure your successes and as we operate in such a fast-paced business you can see these results quite quickly
We’re Shop Direct, the multi award winning people behind Very.co.uk and Littlewoods. We’re the UK’s second largest pureplay retailer with annual sales of close to £2 billion, we are also one of the largest non-bank lenders in the UK We exist for our purpose, what makes us unique and binds our 4,000 colleagues together – to make good things easily accessible to more people. Our ambition is to proudly be the number one destination for shoppers who value credit.
Flexible Benefits package of £1,000 (Can take as salary uplift)
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare Vouchers
- Private Pension matched at 6%
- Brand Discount
- Bonus Potential (performance & business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working option
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Auditor who wants to work in a fast paced and agile business whereby you work can genuine make a difference and build successful relationships.
Please note that the Talent Acquisition team at Shop Direct is managing this vacancy directly and will not be accepting CVs sent by any recruitment agencies
Please be advised, if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check
If you are a current employee of Shop Direct please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.