Search by job title or keyword
Service Delivery Manager
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the role.
The Service Delivery Manager role is to ensure that service delivery in our partner’s hubs and warehouse location is consistent with the high standards expected by Shop Direct and more importantly our customers. The role will maintain a management presence on vendor site to monitor, support, identify and develop service delivery. The role holder will ensure operational SOP’s, SLA’s and KPI’s are managed and adhered to at all points in the distribution process.
This is a "standalone" role and you will be based on our partners site. There will be a small element of travel to other sites to ensure standards are adhered to across the network.
About the team.
The role holder will work as a member of the high performing central Logistics Team who are based at our Head Office in Speke. You will report directly into the Senior Reverse Logistics Manager. With this role being based on a vendor's site, you will have complete autonomy, managing both internal and external stakeholders
- Monitor, manage and support on customer experience and achievement of customer, delivery & returns KPIs.
- Support the strategic goals and delivery of KPI’s for internal SD stakeholders.
- Actively managing operational performance, working with key SD stakeholders and account management teams on projects and initiatives to improve performance and service.
- Daily performance management of carrier activities in the hubs, not limited to outbound performance, but hub management of stock to reduce damage and increase processing speed on returns.
- Become the liaison and conduit between Senior Management team and 3PL services.
- To perform early warning for potential operational or customer related problems, identify and raise alarm before issues become exaggerated.
- Continuous improvement of service delivery, linking back to management teams to highlight and develop opportunities for enhancements
- Final mile driver engagement and training delivery
- Manage returns into, in and out of hub
- Manage failed collections
- Manage process flow for RLOG and Other Systems
- Manage transfer of stock to various locations
Essential knowledge, skills, role specific qualifications:
- Customer focused, self-starter, tenacious.
- Enquiring and challenging with the ability to look into a situation and decipher the root cause and take corrective actions
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Background in logistics and working knowledge of reverse logistics in a B2C environment.
- Good communications skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Excellent stakeholder and 3PL management knowledge
- Ability to drive insight and support strategy from complex and sometimes ambitious information
- Ability to work with of complex logistics processes and systems
- Knowledge and achievement of statistically driven performance measurement
- Demonstrated track record of Supplier management
- Financial and budgetary management
A competitive salary and benefits package is available for the successful applicant.
- Including 30 days + 8 days holiday
- Flexible benefits package
- Discount on products
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Up to 14% bonus
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Service Delivery Manager looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you are required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.