Search by job title or keyword
Quality Control Team Manager
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the role.
This is a great opportunity to join the team as we get closer to 'go live' date. The Quality Control Team Manager ensures that their team of technicians perform quality control checks on products during the storage cycle to ensure items meet safety regulations.
The Quality Control Team Manager will be needed to delegate and manage measures on a wide range of goods supplied in to Shop Direct. They will inspect their teams work on all product types, such as clothing, electronics, and healthcare equipment.
- Fully understand customer and company’s requirements & priorities to incorporate them in all planning and reporting tools, activities and projects
- Effectively communicate with relevant stakeholders.
- Understand customer needs and requirements to develop effective quality control processes
- Devise and review specifications for products or processes
- Set requirements for raw material or intermediate products for suppliers and monitor their compliance
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines as well as legal obligations
- Develop and maintain inspection reports
- Ensure compliance to UK laws, as well as company standards and specifications
- Maintain calibration of quality control equipment
- Perform inspections across all stages of production
- Prepare and maintain test data for review
- Evaluate data and draft reports, noting any relevant deviations from existing standards
- Identify areas for quality control improvement and implement new methods accordingly
- Communicate quality or compliance concerns with urgency
- Proven planning and operational experience of working in a distribution operation within a quality control based role
- Able to build relationships across the business at all levels, both in operations and the wider Shop Direct team.
- Promotes teamwork and sets an example of co-operating, works well with others in pursuit of team goals. Shares information.
- Be able to step up into the Quality Control Managers role in absence.
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Solid understanding of test equipment
- Experience within an automated, fast moving eCommerce and retail operation.
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Team Manager looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A competitive salary and flexible benefits allowance is available for the successful applicant.