Search by job title or keyword
Group Finance Analyst
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the team.
Our finance team have an exciting opportunity for a commercially focussed Finance Analyst to join their team. The role is to support the Head of Financial Planning and Analysis in delivering key planning processes across the Group. In particular, this role will lead the delivery of short-term planning processes including weekly flash and rolling monthly forecasts.
- Take the lead in planning and delivering key Planning processes including weekly flash and monthly re-forecasts to include:
- Timetable planning and preparation
- Working with representatives across the Finance function to ensure the process is delivered effectively and efficiently
- Communicate risks and issues to Head of Financial Planning and Analysis on a timely basis
- Consolidate and model accurately
- Prepare draft reports and analysis for initial management review
- Provide coaching and development to team members and support their professional development.
- Develop a strong network across Finance to facilitate collaboration between teams.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of all Financial Planning and Analysis processes.
- Bachelor's degree graded 2.2 or above.
- Qualified accountant with minimum 3-5 years post-qualified experience.
- Technically strong with a sound understanding of all primary financial statements.
- Experience of Planning and Analysis within a large organization (>£100m revenues) including running complex models and preparing ad-hoc analysis.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrable experience of managing financial processes across multiple locations and stakeholders
- Stakeholder management skills including strong communication and confidence with senior leaders.
- Excellent written and presentational skills with the ability to prepare material for Board level leaders.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Flexible benefits package of £1000
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
If you're interested to find out more please contact Chris Nicholas in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.