Search by job title or keyword
Control Room / Flow Room Shift Manager
Shop Direct (the home of Very.co.uk & Littlewoods) have a great opportunity for an experienced Flow Room Shift Manager to support us at our new automated and purpose-built fulfilment centre at East Midlands Gateway in Derby.
The Flow Room Shift Manager will manage the team of Flow Room technicians to ensure smooth system and product flow to exceed operational KPI's. The role holder will report to the Flow Room Operations Manager and will have 4-5 direct reports (Technicians) This role plays a critical role in ensuring that the fulfilment centre performs effectively, efficiently and downtime is minimised.
- System availability and efficiency- achievement of KPI's, minimising downtime, managing work flow, requesting preventative maintenance and repairs in conjunction with the Engineering team.
- Analysis of performance data for the leadership team.
- Prioritise area workloads to ensure that the focus remains on delivering site volumes in the most efficient way.
- Optimise storage and conveyor utilisation at every process stage.
- Manage flow room processes to maximise the opportunity for productivity.
- Minimise stock inaccuracy at all stages of the process through effective process management and adherence seeking out errors and process gaps.
- Escalation of issue/potential issues with the leadership team.
- Provide advice to the leadership team on matters regarding control room operation, system performance, system issues and work flow and process.
- Efficient and accurate reporting of faults and unexpected behaviour to resolver groups.
- Drive process adherence to ensure quality metrics are delivered at all stages of the process.
- Ensure clear, concise handovers are completed at all shift changes, passing all of the key information and learnings to the oncoming shift to ensure seamless transitions.
- The post holder will be a cultural ambassador for the fulfilment centre and will be key to developing ways of working and the colleague proposition.
- Proven experience of leading a team in fulfilment centres, preferably with experience of the build, testing and start-up of an automated fulfilment centre (preferably with experience of working with Knapp automation).
- Detailed understanding of the functionality and operation of warehouse control systems for an automated fulfilment centre.
- Good understanding of the end to end process within automated fulfilment centres.
- Strong leadership, delegation and communication skills.
- Strong PC skills including use of MS office.
- Experience of the introduction of major systems upgrades across the supply chain.
- Experience of leading 24/7 teams.
- Partner centric- experience of maintaining strong partnerships with third parties i.e. automation/systems providers.
- Understanding of Operational Excellence/Continuous Improvement tools.
It would be advantageous if you do have the desired experience with KNAPP automation but if not please do not hesitate to apply. We know that the right person will view this as a great opportunity that will come with its own rewards. You will be supported and trained in using the automation and system by some of the industries most talented fulfilment specialists and as we continue to grow, we want our talent to grow with us.
If you would like to join the team, please apply online or you can reach out to Kieran Grundy in the talent team at Shop Direct, who is happy to provide further details.
Please be aware that the successful candidate is subject to a credit and CIFCASS check.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available for the successful applicant.