Search by job title or keyword
Data Governance Lead
What is Data Governance for us?
Data Governance contributes to the practice of making strategic and effective decisions regarding the organisation’s data and information assets.
For us Data Governance professionals help support the development of a comprehensive set of processes and controls that span integrity, use, availability, usability, quality and security of data owned by or controlled by our business.
We are looking to build out and implement a new Operating Model for Data with a specific focus on Data Governance. There is a real opportunity here for a Data Governance professional or an individual from a linked discipline to create and embed a supportive culture of effective data governance and control here at Shop Direct.
What do we look for?
We value people who can demonstrate a passion and curiosity around Data Governance from methods, processes, tools and ways of implementation.
We look for people who have great interpersonal skills, love working collaboratively, take ownership of the conversation on quality, are fearless in their approach to work, and continuously seek feedback to learn from.
Self-development is really important for us. We see both learning together as a team through the process of delivery and individual learning to build specific skills to able to contribute more to the team, as really important. We will give you the time and tools to do this.
We anticipate people coming from a direct Data Governance background or linked discipline, the main point for us is someone who is also able to demonstrate a strong understanding of GDPR and PECR legislation.
This can be a fairly stakeholder heavy role, so you'll need to confident and be able to articulate with both internal and external contacts.
What will the role encompass?
- Help develop a risk-based programme of work for Data Governance
- Create and maintain an effective, central system of all data governance policies and supporting control documents.
- Create and maintain a RAID log and work closely with Operational Risk highlighting all data risks
- Monitoring the performance of the data environment
- Monitoring activities on data environment
- Work closely with architecture to ensure alignment to architectural principles
- Identifying and recruiting appropriate data stewards
- Running a data stewardship council
- Creating and running a data environment user forum
- Provide regular reporting to the Data Governance Manager
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell an additional 5 days
- Matching Pension up to 6%
- Brand Discount up to 30%
- Free Onsite Gym
- Discounted coffee houses and restaurant
- Free on-site parking *subject to postcode
- Flexible working
- Health Bar
- Training and Development
- Career progression
- Additional Flexible benefits allowance (on top of base salary)
- Life Assurance / Private Medical
Please note that the Talent Acquisition team at Shop Direct is managing this vacancy directly and will not be accepting CVs sent by any recruitment agencies - for more information please contact Steven.Williams@shopdirect.com
Please be advised, if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check
If you are a current employee of Shop Direct please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.