Search by job title or keyword
CSR Manager - Operations
To support in the build and running of a world class, CSR program for our business operations based on cross-functional working, monitoring, remediation, training and projects in collaboration with internal colleagues, our partners and external stakeholders.
This roles comes with great responsibility with the role holder required to shape and define an effective monitoring program to measure the social and environmental impacts of our warehouses, logistics partners and business operations.
- To support in the development of a world class CSR program focussing on our warehouses, facilities and logistics partners.
- Design auditable processes and systems related to cross-functional data collection around ESG activities throughout our operations.
- Work as part of a team building a common approach to CSR across Shop Direct engaging regularly with colleagues supporting CSR across the business.
- Consult, influence and contribute to the development, management, implementation and monitoring of cross-functional CSR strategies and programs.
- Actively collaborate with internal & external partners to define program goals and objectives, key intervals, and other project success factors.
- Identify communication tools and strategies to champion high-end engagement to increase program awareness and participation.
- Lead the company’s cross-functional operations CSR Working Groups, including responsibility for tracking goals and metrics.
- Protecting the Groups corporate reputation by maintaining internal and supply chain security, minimising risk and preventing adverse publicity in the UK or international media.
- Enhancing the company’s corporate reputation as an external company representative on Supply Chain/Ethical & Environmental Audit/CSR issues with attendance at CSR events in the UK and Europe.
- Provides input into the company’s comprehensive annual CSR Report (Communication on Progress) which is signed off annually by the shareholders.
- Demonstrable ability to develop a comprehensive CSR strategy and drive consensus with diverse stakeholders across various organisation.
- Experience of monitoring and compliance of labour standards in warehouses and logistics partners.
- Extensive experience of audit standards including SMETA and BSCI.
- Widespread knowledge of UK labour law.
- Communications skills and ability to train colleagues on social audit, monitoring and compliance.
- Broad knowledge Fashion & Footwear and Home & leisure sourcing and supply chain practices.
- Independent in outlook and approach especially with regard to organisational skills and time management of self.
- Excellent communication skills
- Tenacity and drive
- Efficient management of team resources
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Wide network of industry contacts in the UK and Europe and internationally
- Experience representing company at national CSR/Ethical Audit events
- A competitve salary is on offer for the successful candidate
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options