Search by job title or keyword
Category Assistant- Home
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the role
We are looking for a number of Category Assistant’s to join our Home category, both permanent and fixed term! You'll have the opportunity to work with our own brand and big brands within this category, we have big plans, with ambitious growth targets and plans.
If you are currently an Assistant Buyer/Merchandiser who would love to make a change or continue to specialise within Home, then this is the role for you. As a Category Assistant you will further develop your skills with dual specialisms of buying and merchandising, sharpen up your trading skills and hone your commercial knowledge along the way too!
Not only that but you will
- Own the end to end product set up, through to go live and trading
- Creating line level product forecasts and order requirements in response to performance
- Manage stock through critical path management, progression and replenishment whilst
- Act on pricing tools (i.e. revionics) to find matches and make pricing recommendations
- Act on pricing tools, supported by commercial benefits ie supplier funding
- Own a supplier, or product attribute, from range building, through forecasting, trading be involved in sourcing new suppliers or brands
- Produce adhoc reports for the wider category and stock holding to maximise both availability and stock efficiency
identifying where price/promotional activity is required and promo activity
In Home you will also focus on the below core elements day to day
- Product Development: Supporting the Design team & Category Manager to identify key trends for the season and aid the modernisation of core ranges whilst identifying product/brand gaps. Involved in the briefing of product briefs and NPD throughout the supply chain. In particular, oversees Asia and European offices, UK sources, & Quality team
- Commercial awareness: Awareness of the market is key, keeping track of competitor product ranges and activity and actively looking for ways to support the overall category trading performance.
- Supply management: Both internally (ie logistics, 2 man distribution) and externally (brand relationships). Important to build strong relationships to maximise commercial and profitability opportunities throughout the P&L.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Demonstrable experience of working within a trading/ retail environment
- Far East and Product Development skills are desirable
- Demonstrable advance excel skills i.e pivot tables and v look up
- Experience of interpreting excel/trading information
- Able to lead within peers
- Ability to build relationships, internal, external & international - working cross functionally
- Understands the customer
- Problem solving/strategic thinker
- Decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Negotiating skills
- Planning & Organisation
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status