Search by job title or keyword
Buying Fashion Graduate - London
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the team.
Our Buying team here at London Victoria have some of the best minds in fashion and retail and are leading the way in finding the next trends and products.
We’re excited to share an opportunity for an ambitious, creative and talented graduate looking for the first step into their careers, based in our fantastic London Victoria office you'll find our newest office. Just a few hundred steps from Victoria Station, (check your fitness band if you don't believe us!) Sky Victoria occupies a fantastic location in the heart of the city. https://shopdirect.jobs/locations/london
About the role.
- Studying a buying or fashion degree, you should live and breathe fashion and have set your heart on a career in the exciting world of fashion buying and retail
- A love for fashion with a knowledge of trends and brand awareness
- You’ll not be afraid of hard work and you will be passionate about providing products and brands that make our customers look good
- Above all, you’ll be full of fresh ideas and love working as part of a diverse team to provide our customers with their favourite brands
- A background in fashion and strong style and trend interest to support our styling teams
- Has a real thirst for knowledge, you must be ambitious, driven and tough skinned the pace here is fast
- Help our buyers source and develop product ranges to meet changing customer tastes
- Keep a close eye on prices, the market and the latest trends
- Work with our design, merchandising and creative teams across the full product lifecycle
- Manage samples and provide support with administration and monitoring to make sure we always deliver our customer promise
- Talk to our suppliers every day, managing different relationships and making sure samples are ready for meetings and events.
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
Apply online via our careers site, upload your CV and wait to hear from us, if you have any questions you can email Lyndsay.firstname.lastname@example.org
And then RELAX! We will be in touch as soon as we can and we will give you feedback.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.