Search by job title or keyword
Assistant Merchandiser - Own Brand - Woven and Denim
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the team.
We are looking for an Assistant Merchandiser to join our own brand woven and denim team. Merchandising is absolutely vital to our success as a business and it’s an exciting, fast moving career to work in.
Day to day you will be meeting and managing supplier relationships, working closely with the buying team to develop commercial range plans suited to our customer, producing and presenting reports at trend meetings on trends, forecasts and opportunities.
We’re looking for Assistant Merchandisers who already have experience at this level, have worked as a Merchandising Assistant, have buying experience or who have relevant transferable skills in a relevant profession and can demonstrate a strong understanding and passion for merchandising.
The skills and behaviours imperative to being a successful AM candidate here at Shop Direct are; analytical, process driven and methodical, passionate, strong communication skills, can demonstrate initiative, enjoys problem solving and interpreting data and you must have excellent attention to detail.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Demonstrable merchandising experience
- Competent in Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level
- Strategic thinker
- Solutions and delivery focused
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status