Search by job title or keyword
Hey, we’re Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods and some amazingly talented people.
We’re the kind of people who don’t settle for the ordinary. We’ve achieved incredible things over the last 90 years, evolving how our 4 million customers shop and pay for the big brands they love on our websites Very.co.uk and Littlewoods, and we we’re not slowing down…
We’re obsessed with providing seamless shopping experiences and innovative ways to spread the cost with credit, it’s what makes us the UK’s biggest fin-tech retailer, and a very unique place to work.
Research at Shop Direct
With a big ambition and millions of our loyal customers using the experiences we create every day, research plays a huge part in what we do at Shop Direct, (and rightly so!). We’re looking for curious, empathetic researchers who are passionate about pushing the boundaries, gaining a deep understanding of what makes our customers tick and disrupting the way we do things today.
Working within product teams means the research you conduct will take many different shapes and forms and spans all parts of product development from discovery through to validation. You’ll be joining a collaborative team of researchers and designers from a range of different backgrounds who specialize in both qualitative and quantitative research methods and use their expertise to drive the product vision, uncover new opportunities, find creative ways to problem solve and make sure we’re always focused on the things that matter the most. You can say hello and meet the team here: https://twitter.com/ShopDirectUX
As a researcher at Shop Direct you’ll”:
- Design and conduct research studies that span all phases of product development uncovering both behaviours and attitudes
- Collaborate with product teams to shape and influence their research agenda
- Use your research to both fuel ideas and evaluate existing solutions
- Choose the right research method based on the research question in hand
- Generate insights that both influence and challenge decisions where appropriate
- Communicate your research findings in a way that inspires your team to take action
- Follow your research through the end to end life cycle (including hypothesis generation and concluding ab tests)
- Continually evolve the way we do research here by exploring new methodologies and ways of working for the team
- Continually champion customer centricity in the product teams and the wider business
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a BS/BA in a behavioral related field (Psychology, Social Science, HCI etc.)
- You have 3+ years experience in conducting research to influence decision making
- You’re familiar with both qualitative and quantitative research methods and are comfortable independently shaping your own research agenda
- You’re a great conceptual thinker, you’re naturally inquisitive in nature and you strongly articulate opportunities and solutions
- You have knowledge of basic experimental design and statistical analysis
- You’re a strong communicator and storyteller allowing you to strongly articulate opportunities and solutions. When you present your research people are inspired and want to take action.
- You’re flexible and adaptive. Working on different things in an ever changing environment is what get you out of bed in the morning
What’s good about Life at Shop Direct?
- Our onsite UX Lab and Customer Closeness Centre (we physically and mentally put the customer at the heart of our HQ!)
- A customisable benefit package (inc life assurance, private medical and childcare vouchers)
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays and the abi
- Onsite gym (inc changing facility) with over 25 classes available each week
- A strong health and wellbeing agenda (we know you work best when you’re feeling your best!)
- A private Pension matched at 6%
- Annual Bonus Potential * Performance & Business Related
- Multiple on-site discounted restaurants and coffee houses
- A cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible Working Options
How to apply....
If you are interested hearing more about this amazing opproutnity please drop me an an email Lyndsay.Geraghty@shopdirect.com we would love to hear from you..
Please note that the Talent Acquisition team at Shop Direct is managing this vacancy directly and will not be accepting CVs sent by any recruitment agencies
Please be advised, if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check