Search by job title or keyword
UX Mobile App Designer
We’re Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods and some amazingly talented people.
We’re the kind of people who don’t settle for the ordinary. We’ve achieved incredible things over the last 90 years, evolving how our 4 million customers shop and pay for the big brands they love on our websites Very.co.uk and Littlewoods, and we we’re not slowing down…
We’re obsessed with providing seamless shopping experiences and innovative ways to spread the cost with credit, it’s what makes us the UK’s biggest fin-tech retailer, and a very unique place to work.
With a big ambition and millions of our loyal customers using the experiences we create every day, design plays a huge part in what we do at Shop Direct, (and rightly so!). We’re looking for a Mobile App Designer who’s passionate about pushing the boundaries, creating great experiences based on deep customer insight and disrupting the way we do things today.
You’ll be joining a collaborative team of designers and researchers from a range of different backgrounds who use their deep understanding of our customers to create elegant and intuitive user interfaces that seamlessly combine the two things our customers value the most (the brands they love with flexible ways to pay). You can say hello and meet the team here: https://twitter.com/ShopDirectUX
This is an exciting time to join our UX design team, that will create lots of opportunity and a chance for you to be part of something challenging, exciting and developing. You will specialise in Mobile App design, conceptualising great digital products.
You will have direct influence over the future direction of our customer experience together with the product team to discover, design, develop and scale exceptional intuitive and distinctive digital customer centric experience that deliver measurable results.
Within this role you can really contribute to the future of UX design at Shop Direct, you will be embedded within the mobile app product team and your primary goals will be to design the next generation of mobile websites, apps and other mobile interfaces across multiple devices such as iOS and Android platforms.
As a designer at Shop Direct you’ll:
- Conceptualise, develop and design innovative & user-centred interaction designs, navigation and prototypes of our Apps to deliver the best outcomes for our customers and the business.
- Create simple, intuitive, consistent and distinctive experiences for our customers across all brands and devices
- Work with product managers, engineers, and researchers to drive our products through from discovery to delivery (ideation to validation)
- Deliver the best outcomes for our customers and the business in the most efficient timeframe in planning, data collection, conceptual design, prototyping, research, usability testing, detailed design and implementation.
- Run design workshops to help cross-functional team create a shared understanding of design sprint goal from day 1;
- Collaborating with design system, the wider design, data analytic teams and stakeholders to ensure the visibility and consistency.
- Have a strong collaboraton with UX Researchers to both fuel and evaluate your designs, playing back your findings to stakeholders and team members as you go
- Understand the user needs, motivations, behaviours and performance measures relevant to your product portfolio;
- Stay connected to new technologies, design trends and emerging UI patterns and drive transformation in both the retail and financial services space
We’d love to hear from you if:
- 5+ years of design experience
- Evidence of pushing above par work into various markets
- BA/BS degree in Design, Organizational Design, or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- You've worked on both client facing and internal projects- ideally across many business functions
- Up to date with current mobile design trends across various industries and can tie to various business lines, include retail and financial fields
- Evidence of having launched and/or propose design solutions to business problems that have influenced the direction and outcome
What’s good about Life at Shop Direct?
- Our onsite UX Lab and Customer Closeness Centre (we physically and mentally put the customer at the heart of our HQ!)
- A customisable benefit package (inc life assurance, private medical and childcare vouchers)
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Onsite gym (inc changing facility) with over 25 classes available each week
- A strong health and wellbeing agenda (we know you work best when you’re feeling your best!)
- A private Pension matched
- Annual Bonus Potential * Performance & Business Related
- Multiple on-site discounted restaurants and coffee houses
- A cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible Working Options
To find out more please contact Lyndsay.Geraghty@shopdirect.com