Search by job title or keyword
Culture and Communications Lead
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the role
The Culture and Communications Lead will be a key member of both the Skygate fulfilment people team, and central communications team, this role will be accountable for the creation and delivery of the site culture and communications plan, as well as being responsible for supporting the central communications team in landing strategic corporate messages on site.
The culture on site and level of engagement amongst colleagues is critical to unlocking discretionary effort and delivering both quality results for our customers, and ensuring we are able to achieve as much as possible collectively. Shop Direct has an unrivaled culture and we want this culture to be replicated in our brand new fully automated fulfilment centre.
- Working with people partner and communications team to develop and shape the communications plan and engagement plan within fulfilment:
- Ensure wider Shop Direct initiatives are embedded within the fulfilment centre.
- Support the people partner and leaders to develop our culture and deliver world class engagement, customer focus and high performance mind set.
- Be an integral member of the onsite operational leadership team. Attend appropriate forums and meetings e.g. operational leadership meetings, colleague forums, H&S meetings, TU meetings as required.
- Represent SD in external meetings with local third parties as and when required, in order to foster key relationships.
- Drive the communications agenda, and continuously seek to improve our delivery of key messages with new and innovative ideas.
- Devise communications to ensure our fulfilment colleagues are as close to our customers and the wider business as possible, and excited by the part they play in delivering for our customers.
- Lead the deployment of the voice forum network on site and act as culture champion within the leadership team.
- Own communications systems for fulfilment centre. (text and screens)
Essential knowledge, skills, role specific qualifications:
- A skilled communicator, you have the natural ability to adapt your style so that it makes the biggest impact with different audiences.
- With strong interpersonal skills, you are able to influence, coach and challenge as appropriate.
- You know what good written communication looks like and are able to craft engaging and informative content across multiple channels.
- You’re comfortable dealing with stakeholders at all levels and thrive in a challenging and fast paced environment.
- You are passionate about using communications, colleague forums and events to drive world class engagement.
- Experience of working in or with culture focused organisations is desirable. Exposure to operational environments is desirable (Fulfilment, logistics, manufacturing etc.)
A competitive salary and benefits package is available for the successful applicant.
- Including 30 days + 8 days holiday
- Flexible benefits package
- Discount on Very and Littlewoods products
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Up to 14% bonus
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Culture and Commuincations Lead looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you are required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.