Search by job title or keyword
Trading Executive - 6m FTC
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the team.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Retail team! We are recruiting for an Online Trading/Department Store Executive within the Department Store team. The role will support the planning, delivery and review of online campaigns/events. Ensuring that sites are fully optimised and effectively communicating exciting offers and promotions to potential and existing customers
About the role.
Working within a fast-paced team, you will support the Department Store Lead and affiliated stakeholders in:
- Planning and delivering event specific trading campaigns, including Christmas in line with category and brand objectives, regularly communicating the requirements and any necessary amends to key stakeholders including; Creative and eCommerce teams in the form of written and face-to-face briefings
- Reviewing, analysing and interpreting event performance and recommending changes to improve future campaigns
- Working collaboratively with Data Intelligence to understand how the customer makes purchase decisions, product and activity performance, and interacts with onsite content
- Working with the Department Store Lead and Department Store Manager to plan and land the delivery of events
- Liaising with the Retail Performance team to align to key priorities, react to trading conditions and deliver contingency activity
- Working with the category teams to ensure product priorities are accurately represented in events
- Developing and delivering photographic briefs acting as the key point of contact between Visual Merchandisers, Creative and Product teams
- Ensuring that all onsite event activity is implemented on time, to the brief and error free
- Cascading trading priorities to supporting marketing channel teams including Email, Social Media, PPC and Digital
- Driving innovation by identifying new opportunities and resolving problems to maximise department store performance
- Liaising with FS teams to ensure that our FS proposition is communicated accurately and effectively at appropriate points within the customer journey
- Liaising with the Threefold marketing team, influencing and negotiating, to ensure that event specific 3rd party supplier activity is scheduled and implemented to the plan and is consistent with other online event marketing activity
- Deputising in Department Store Leads absence
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Demonstrable experience of working within a trading/ retail marketing environment
- Experience of Google Analytics
- Able to lead within peers
- Ability to build relationships, internal, external & international - working cross functionally and collaboratively
- Understands the customer
- Problem solving/strategic thinking
- Decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Negotiating skills
- Planning & Organisation
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status