Search by job title or keyword
Trade Events Lead/ Department Store Lead
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the role.
We have a really exciting opportunity for a Department Store Lead to join the team for a 6 month fixed term contract. We have some pretty unique job titles, here at Shop Direct, externally you may currently be a Trading Events Lead.
You’ll deliver cross category plans which align to high level priorities across the year, championing the customer, to ensure a positive customer experience.
In addition, you will:
- Liaise with Department Store Manager to plan & deliver detailed event plans 3-12 months out.
- Liaise with Retail Performance manager 1-12 weeks out to ensure activity plans align to demand, sales & GM forecast.
- Champion the customer in a category aligned world - Creating cross category events, executed with a simple customer journey, aligned to customer mindset.
- Work with category leads and team to ensure product priorities are accurately represented in events.
- Work closely with data intelligence to understand how the customer makes purchase decisions, product & activity performance, and interacts with onsite content.
- Be Responsible for prioritising activity and briefing it in to the Campaign and Implementation managers with the marketing team.
- Work with Threefold to leverage incremental funding opportunities.
- Be creative, passionate and innovative about improving the onsite customer experience and ensuring a world class end to end customer to end journey and positive commercial performance.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Strong commercial awareness and proven ability to analyse figures and data.
- Strategic thinking, able to identifying and solving problems.
- Able to work under pressure and at a fast pace, with a focus on what is right for the business and the customer.
- Bold and ambitious in your approach, not afraid to aim high and learn along the way, an industry leader within retail e-commerce.
- Demonstrate our values and culture, be a true leader for your direct reports, coaching and mentoring and establishing clear ways of working.
- Demonstrable strong negotiation, influencing and communication skills.
- Creative thinking, identify new and innovative processes or trading initiatives.
- Flexible annual benefits package of £1,000.00
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Trade Events Lead looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Holly Jackson in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.