Search by job title or keyword
Talent Development Partner (Learning and Development)
Talent Development Partner – Outsourced relationships– Customer Care Team – Operations
We are looking for a Talent Development partner to support our customer service operations globally. This fantastic role that offers a unique opportunity to play a critical part in learning and development strategy for Customer Care - Operations. Reporting to the Global Business Support Manager and working closely with and supported by our Talent Development centre of excellence you will lead in all relationships with our outsourcing teams, ensuring all learning content delivered in sites is of the highest quality, compliant with Shop Direct and external requirements and that capability in maximised.
You will be responsible for leading the learning and development strategy for outsourced operations, from design to delivery across all teams of c.1500 customer facing colleagues. You’ll bring bags of energy, fresh thinking, passion and inspiration in managing relationships and governance/sign off with our outsourced teams, ensuring they create and deliver exceptional learning and experiences. Working with our third-party suppliers you will drive business success by proactivity shaping the learning strategy for outsourced providers, ensuring we upskill against our business change activity, shifting mind-set and generally building capability. Specifically, you’ll:
- manage all training focused relationships with outsourced providers
- define and implement practices for all learning and development delivered by our outsourced teams with robust governance processes and aligned with and facilitate the delivery of our strategy
- drive, through strong stakeholder management, influencing skills and facilitation, the most effective training experiences through the right methodologies and practices, that build the right capability and culture are created
- provide specialist expertise in learning and development operating routines, developing effective assurance controls
- work with the operation, and business to research, recommend and potentially deliver learning and development solutions in line with requirements.
- Coach leaders and colleagues in our outsourced sites
This role will step change how we do things. It’s a diverse and exciting role that needs someone who:
- Ideally has experience of working with outsourced providers and in designing learning and development solutions
- Can provide strategic direction to enable others to deliver engaging learning campaigns across the outsourced operation
- Is familiar with creating and delivering progressive solutions, turning innovative ideas into reality
- is a thought leader; can research, understand and predict future trends in learning and development - knowing how to make a difference when building capability
- understands and has experience of working in a regulated environment
- is a trusted partner who influences, engages, excites and inspires with confidence and enthusiasm
- is pro-active and willing to challenge, spotting and addressing needs and issues
- can consult, collaborate and influence at any level
- is passionate about helping people be the best they can be
- understand the link between customer and people
The successful candidate will have the experience, intellectual rigour and aptitude to partner the senior leadership team when guiding on all things learning and development. They will be resilient, impactful, a natural leader, and able to challenge, whilst harnessing this business’s natural entrepreneurship and ambition.
Things we would consider critical for the role are:
- experience in building and maintaining strong relationships, stakeholder management and influencing key partners with a proven ability to influence and positively challenge – preference of experience working with BPO relationships.
- proven track record of successful delivering a range of development programmes from design to delivery.
- examples of creating or managing through others the creation of ‘out of the norm’, commercially focused initiatives
This person will be based in our HQ in Liverpool but travel across our operations both in the UK and overseas is expected. The position is initially a 12 month fixed term contract.
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about Learning and Development looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Hayley Denson in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options