Search by job title or keyword
Stock Planning Manager
Shop Direct has transformed from a catalogue and bricks and mortar retailer into the UK’s largest integrated online-only digital retailer and financial services provider.
We have annual sales of £1.96 billion. Our brands are Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and LittlewoodsIreland.ie. We receive an average of more than 1.4 million website visits every day, with 74% of online sales completed on mobile devices.
We exist to make good things easily accessible to more people. With our multi-category range of famous brands, market-leading technology and data capabilities and unique financial services products offering flexible ways to pay, we’re well placed to deliver on that promise.
We sell more than 1,800 famous brands, including big name labels and our own exclusive brands. We have four million customers and deliver 49 million products every year. Our free click-and-collect service, CollectPlus, delivers to 7,000 stores across the country, increasing ease and convenience for customers.
Shop Direct is about to embark on the next stage of its transformation. The appointment of Henry Birch as CEO from the Rank Group in May 2018, coupled with the company’s determined growth plans to increase market share through investment in its brands, tech, a new warehouse and becoming even more customer-focused means there has never been a better time to join this ambitious business.
Stock Planning Manager - Leadership
We created a category management structure in October 2018 to enable clear ownership and accountability for the P&L of those categories and capability within the team to source, range, price, sell and analysis performance to drive further growth and deliver a winning customer experience.
Alongside that we have created a new Retail Planning & Operations (RPO) function, working alongside the category teams. This function acts as the heartbeat across the business, joining together the product categories, finance, operations, understanding the relationships & trade-offs, having a balanced perspective.
In addition, a huge part of this team is responsible for driving our capability across the whole Retail division, across both short- & long-term planning, trading, forecasting, assortment, pricing & stock management. We’re an ambitious bunch with serious focus on how we are continually delivering enhanced capability, with improved tools, technology, data, process & automation.
In this role you’ll have direct line manager responsibility for 3 Stock Planning Managers who will be subject matter experts, supporting multiple stakeholders across the business, and you can read from those roles the span of responsibilities & levels of ambition. You’ll report directly into the Head of Stock & Operations, with this being a true leadership role, not only setting the tone & pace for delivery within Stock management but getting involved in other activities outside the functional remit. You’ll join a peer group of 12 at this level across the RPO function, which operate as the Leadership team within RPO.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions and in this leadership role, you’ll reflect those ambitions creating motivated and committed colleagues, who are passionate about driving value and improving how we perform
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Demonstrable leadership experience, with core capabilities that extend beyond subject matter expertise
- Commercially strong, likely from a retail or digital business background; customer focussed & outcome orientated
- Passionate about enhancing capability, focussed on delivering value for the organisation
- A strong retail background, with experience & skills gained ideally from a Supply Chain, Planning, Commercial, Merchandising or Trading role.
- A great communicator across a range of stakeholders, using storytelling to inform & inspire; authentic & transparent
- An enabler, collaborating & connecting across the organisation
- Adaptive, resilient, embracing change & ambiguity
- Technology literate, data driven and thus inevitably a high level of excel and analytical skills
- Demonstrable experience of working on and delivering key strategic priorities