Search by job title or keyword
Senior Commercial Manager ( Supply/ Category)
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the role.
To work with senior management team within the Retail and Operations Teams and other key stakeholders across the business to develop and lead strategic sourcing of non-merchandise suppliers to deliver the business requirements whilst achieving lowest cost to serve, leveraging additional value, improving cash flow for the business and ensuring an acceptable level of risk.
To take the lead role in negotiations with suppliers for strategic sourcing exercises and in the contract management of ongoing strategic supplier activity.
- Lead the end to end strategic sourcing engagement required for the Retail and Operations Budget assuming responsibility for all commercial aspects including negotiation and subsequent management of resulting contracts/supplier relationships.
- Work with Senior Leadership Team - to define commercial and contract relationship strategies and take a lead role in determining spend, sourcing strategy and savings for the area.
- Drive cost saving initiatives, productivity and process improvement initiatives.
- Challenge demand for requirements where spend does not add value to the business, alternative sources or existing internal resource can be utilised.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders in specific areas of the business that support the commercial and contractual engagement process (e.g. IT/Transformation Services/ /Finance/Legal).
- Participate in monthly business reviews to monitor and challenge performance.
- Provide input into the planning cycle in terms of future price movements/inflationary pressures, usage levels etc, with the objective of optimising the timing of negotiations and the 3-year plan.
- Develop own knowledge of best practice within the Commercial arena and ensure that coaching of more junior members of the team and non-Commercial colleagues.
- Ensures all activities comply with Commercial and Procurement Strategy established with Senior Leadership Team:
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Proven Ability or Role Specific Qualifications required:
- University Degree / Graduate / CIPS
- Minimum 6 years’ experience within a professional purchasing function ideally with category responsibility for Retail Services
- Proven record of achievement in strategic negotiations
- Commercially astute / high financial literacy
- Demonstrable experience in the management of high value/complex contracts
- Team player, with self sufficiency
- Ability to operate in matrix environment
- ‘Innovation solution finder’ and problem solver relating to negotiation blockers
- Highly effective at stakeholder management and influencing, using exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Used to operating in an agile fast-paced environment, comfortable adapting to a rapidly changing environment both internally and externally.
- Flexible benefits package of £6,500
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Procurement professional looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Hayley Denson in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.