Search by job title or keyword
Senior Analyst (Digital Product)
In the world of retail things happen fast, especially at Shop Direct. We're transforming at an unprecedented rate, becoming a truly world class digital retailer. Ensuring we make our customers aware of products that are relevant to them is really important to us and we know its really important to our customer. Its central to our strategy and why we're looking to attract the very best talent we can and build on our already impressive team.
We’re the UK’s second largest pureplay online retailer and we exist for one simple reason; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It’s our purpose, why we get out of bed in the morning.
It means offering the best range of famous brands, a seamless online shopping journey and unique ways to spread the cost that our customers love.
We’ve been doing it for more than 80 years and our digital department stores have become household names, from the much-loved Littlewoods.com to Very.co.uk, which is now our biggest and fastest growing brand with sales of more than £1bn.
Today, we turnover more than £1.9bn, our websites get over 1.2m visits every day and 62% of our online sales are from mobile devices. We sell over 1,300 famous brands and deliver 49 million products to over four million customers each year.
We’ve got a clear goal. It’s to become a world class digital retailer. We’re already well on the way and, by staying true to our purpose, we believe we’ll achieve our ambition.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Senior Analyst in the team, you’ll be at the heart of our goal to expand the impact of data and insight
within Shop Direct.
- Essential role in a key strategic priority of rebuilding our current ecommerce platform, by iteratively driving customer journey changes.
- Cross functional collaboration with UX research, UX design, Business Analysts and Developers. Whilst maintaining relationships with the wider SD Data Community for continual development.
- Interpretation of our vast data to better understand customers behaviour and motivations.
- Being hypothesis led with the confidence to interpret the ‘so what’ of both exploratory data analysis and experimentation results, a curiosity to ensure we’re always learning in everything we do.
- A drive and desire to learn more and solve the pain points our users face on site, identifying areas for conversion optimisation whilst reaching the balance of profitable business decisions.
- Influential in decision making, working alongside Product Owners to shape strategy and develop roadmaps.
- Thrive to challenge yourself and those around you to deliver the best customer journey.
- Influencing decision making for a wide variety of stakeholders, both within the department from Product Owners to Delivery Managers, external to the department such as liaising with our colleagues in Financial services or Trading, or even external to Shop Direct with our partnerships and suppliers.
Along with a logical mindset and common sense approach, it’s really important you have strong SQL or SAS experience as a baseline technical skillset and we can build on that by teaching you our toolkits and the unique
pieces of kit we use across these teams.
- You’ll have had experience of breaking down problems from a bigger picture into smaller more defined elements and you’ll be confident presenting this to colleagues at all levels.
- You’ll be comfortable working in a pacey and sometimes ambiguous environment, things change all the time here (being a 24/7 retailer you’re kept on your toes), but you’ll enjoy the surprises and
challenges that comes with that!
- Your own career development will also be important to you as it’s hugely important to us.
- You’ll be surrounded by a strong team all working collaboratively to fulfill the ambitions of the business. We really do live and breathe our values, encouraging open and honest communication and you’ll welcome continual feedback.
We are looking for someone who ideally:
- Is intellectually curious, and has a strong desire to learn and discover
- Has a highly analytical thinking style
- Has a high level of proficiency in at least one scientific programming language, and is open to learning others
- Is practical, and has the judgement to determine when to pursue further analysis versus when to make use of results
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell an additional 5 days
- Matching Pension up to 6%
- Brand Discount up to 25%
- Onsite Gym
- Costa Coffe
- Juice Bar
- Onsite Canteen
Please note that the Talent Acquisition team at Shop Direct is managing this vacancy directly and will not be accepting CVs sent by any recruitment agencies - for more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised, if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check
If you are a current employee of Shop Direct please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.