Search by job title or keyword
QSHE & Facilties Manager
Shop Direct (the home of Very.co.uk & Littlewoods) have an incredible opportunity for a QSHE Manager to lead all site activities relating to Health & Safety, Quality, environment and facilities at our brand new, purpose built automated site.
We’re a company that has been around for over 100 years and yet we still feel new and fresh. Not only are we bringing the latest cutting edge technology to the East Midlands, we’re bringing with us the culture that our thousands of employees say they love. We’re about to create a truly amazing place to work - from well being through to career development and reward and recognition - we won’t settle for ordinary and doing amazing things is in our DNA. Is it in yours?
To work with the Site leadership team and the central Head Office Safety and facilities team to develop and lead the site QHSE and FM strategy and ensure that this new state of the art facility sets and maintains the highest possible QSHE standards in all areas.
During the start-up phase of the site this role’s primary focus will be to:
- Completion of all relevant Risk assessments and Safe Systems of Work for all new processes and equipment
- Set and promote the site culture relating to compliance and behavioral safety
- Working with the central Safety and Facilities team to ensure all contractors (Security, catering, FM and cleaning etc..) are fully set up and embedded on site
- Work closely with the automation providers resident engineering team to ensure health and safety measures are implemented and maintained
- Work with HR and L&D teams to ensure that all necessary and legislative training is completed
- Champion and promote occupational health, safety and environmental awareness
- Ensure there are robust protocols in place to maintain legal and audit standards and requirements relating to QSHE and management of the contractors on site.
- Ensure effective accident and incident investigation are completed where required and in-all cases ensuring details and subsequent findings are reported to senior management through the relevant reporting process.
- Provide statistical analysis reporting of the QHSE performance to the wider site leadership team
- Provide expert advice and assistance to Senior management to ensure compliance to health and safety legislative requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that the site follows best practice and the latest industry standards adopted by the wider logistics, automation and safety industries.
- Preparation for internal and external audits and other professional accreditations where required.
- Responsible for ensuring adequate and effective risk assessments are performed in relation to health & safety and environmental issues, and appropriate records maintained.
- To advise and support the QSHE representatives and other safety related functions across the site
- Ensure contractors and sub-contractors are compliant with legislative requirements. Work with contractors to ensure compliance with risk assessments, method statements and permits to work.
Our new QSHE will be excited by the scope in this exciting role, working alongside our leadership team the QSHE will be responsible for providing a safe environment whereby our employees can succeed. We are an ambitious bunch here and we are after agile people who will drive the business without always being told what to do next.
We want to be the local site who supports, cares for and develops local talent, where people can grow their careers, because that’s how we genuinely feel, so hope that our QSHE Manager will share this view and drive both their own and others knowledge and learning across the site, Our new manager will be trained to NEBOSH Certificate Standard / Tech IOSH status
Whilst we know that this position will certainly come with a few bumps in the road we hope that our QSHE will thrive and enjoy the fast pace, having the ability to work on multiple projects. We know that the right person will view this as a great opportunity that will come with its own rewards. You will be supported by some of the industries most talented fulfilment specialists, alongside our award-winning people team.
Salary and benefits package very competitive including but not limited to 30 days holiday plus bank holidays, private healthcare, flexible benefits allowance, eligible to company bonus and staff discount.
If you want your legacy in shop direct to be for creating a site passionate about people then Please click to apply, or if you have any questions please reach out to Kieran Grundy to discuss in complete confidence.
Please be aware all successful candidates may be subject to a credit and CIFCASS check.