Search by job title or keyword
In our Test capability, we are looking for the pioneers who can help us move our vision for QA & Testing forward. People who want to work collaboratively across business and technology, owning the conversation on Quality to ensure we are producing great solutions for our customer.
We want people who want to join our community in order to change it and make it better. It may be that you have deep experience in what you do and want to put it to the best use possible, or it may be that you are early in your QA journey, but want to learn, develop and contribute to a great journey
About the role
The Tester works in a Project Team, a Product Squad, or a Tribe. Within that team the Tester will...
- Works with the team to agree the test approach for each story or piece of work that comes through the team
- Ensure that all aspects of testing are considered using the Agile quadrants of testing
- Understands the ‘automation first’ approach and uses discussion and debate to agree the right balance between automated checking and exploratory testing.
- Promote a collaborative approach by encouraging pairing and mobbing sessions with team members
- Attend, and be a contributor in agile ceremonies, and proactively encourage all members
- Identify risk at every stage and communicate the impact of the risks to inform the decisions made by Product Owner, Delivery Manager, and the team
- Ensure the outcomes of testing are turned into information for others to digest, and use your knowledge and experiences to help the team make the right decisions on risk
- Have the passion, and curiosity to become an expert at your craft, and go outside your comfort zone to learn new skills
- Build your own capability from self-development, both within Shop Direct and externally by attending conferences, and meetups
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and techniques and develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Share and pair to ensure you learn new skills, and share the skills and knowledge around testing that you have
You will have testing experience (1 year+), or experience working in a software development team (2 years+) at a practical level execution level.
Specific requirements are:
- Experience in software testing
- Good knowledge of modern software testing methodologies, tools and processes
- Good interpersonal skills that demonstrate and a curious, learning and brave approach to work
- Experience working in an Agile development process, ideally with some exposure to CI/CD
- Good exploratory testing skills and experience.
- Knowledge of Test-Driven approaches to software engineering (ATDD, BDD & TDD)
- Knowledge of automation with a level of experience in a scripting language
- Experience in use of tools to solve test efficiency issues, such as use of SOAP and/or REST API testing, using tools such as Postman, Swagger, SOAPUI
- Knowledge of non-functional testing, particularly performance and security testing
Who are we?
We are Shop Direct, the UK’s 2nd largest pureplay retailer, home to Very.co.uk, Very Exclusive and Littlewoods.com.
With annual sales of £1.93bn and an average of 1.3m visits to our website every single day, we sell over 1,800 brands across our digital department store.
Mission: We’re a diverse business, with a clear purpose – to be a world-class digital retailer.
We exist to make good things easily accessible to more people, our department store range provides everything from clothing and footwear, the latest gadgets and tech, to furniture and bedding for our 5 million happy customers.
Combine that with our best-in-class e-commerce and technology capabilities, unusual financial services products offering flexible ways to pay and over 4,000 dedicated employees, means we’re well-placed to deliver on that promise.
- Generous and competitive starting salary
- Regular salary reviews and careers progression
- £2500 of flexible benefits allowance (can take around 90% as salary uplift)
- Bonus up to 8%
- Brand discount up to 25%
- Cycle to work scheme
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free on-site parking *subject to post code
- Free on-site gym
- Discounted coffee houses and food outlets
- Work from home
- Flexible working
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To find out more please apply online or email email@example.com