Search by job title or keyword
We are excited to be advertising for the position of Customer Service Programme Manager to support Shop Direct in driving improvements and overall program management to underpin service across Fulfilment, logistics and customer service.
A little bit about us
We’re Shop Direct, the multi award winning people behind Very.co.uk, Very Exclusive and Littlewoods.com. We’re the UK’s second largest pureplay, online only retailer, with annual sales of close to £2 billion and millions of website visits each week. We exist for our purpose, what makes us unique and binds our 4,000 colleagues together – to make good things easily accessible to more people.
About the role
It’s a great time to join Shop Direct; our customers have never been closer to us having recently unveiled our customer closeness centre which sits at the front of Head Office and has allowed us to get to know our customers better than ever, alongside this we have been one of the first companies to offer multi-channel and are using insight in more ways than we ever have before.
Alongside this we have recently announced the opening of our purpose-built automated fulfilment centre, a hub that is truly built for the future.
Always with our customer at heart the Programme Manager will provide overall program management and become a subject matter, ensuring that fulfilment, logistics and customer service all align to one key strategy. Providing the focal point for the business to drive GLIT (Goods lost in transit) & Broken Promises improvement.
This role is critical; as we invest across the business GLIT and broken promises is a huge focus and this role needs someone who can drive this area passionately. The person will work with an incredibly diverse range of people and stakeholders, both internally and externally. For sure, it’s a fast paced, super demanding and is an everyday busy role for someone who thrives with this work, but you truly can make a change with the investment and insight that the business will provide.
- Provide the focal point for the business to drive GLIT & Broken Promises improvements
- Setting strategic priorities, challenging operational owners, providing reporting and demonstrating progress.
- Accountability, management & control of the GLIT budget by effective leadership to drive investment in the correct strategic priorities. Driving Reduction activity.
- Accountability for achieving sustainable improvement in broken promises.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to define & measure the customer journey with the fulfilment & logistics team deliver to our customers and ensure customer love our service.
- Protect the business against fraudulent activities from carriers, advisors & customers.
- Be the focal point for collaboration across Customer Service, Fulfilment & Logistics Operations where people are energised, engaged and enabled to drive optimised Cost, Customer Loyalty & Value Improvement through high impact communication.
- Line management responsibility to achieve aims. People must be developed into subject matter experts, results driven through others in a supportive empowered way.
- Identify business case opportunities: leading debate, challenging current norms and assumptions and influencing stakeholders to capitalise on opportunities.
- Make decisions based on analysis of results and insight for the benefit of the business leading to the execution of opportunities, improvements and resolution of problems.
- Use initiative and technical knowledge to make independent decisions to develop solutions where there is no set precedent or only limited guidance available often requiring an innovative approach.
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player is a must.
We’re looking for someone who is naturally proactive, will spot where and how to make things better and can galvanise people if need be to make a change.
To be effective in your role you’ll need to have proven experience in a similar program management role, with commercial experience working for a similar “E-commerce” business
What will you get in return? Brilliant experience, the opportunity to play an important part in Shop Directs ambitious journey and a rewarding, purposeful role which can make such a positive impact for Shop Direct and the future... And you’ll have a giggle too.
Flexible Benefits package of £6,500 (Can take as salary uplift)
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare Vouchers
- Private Pension matched at 6%
- Brand Discount
- Bonus Potential (performance & business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working option