Search by job title or keyword
Shop Direct (the home of Very.co.uk & Littlewoods.com) have some great opportunities for an experienced Shift Manager to support us at our new automated and purpose-built fulfilment centre at East Midlands Gateway in Derby.
To lead the operational teams within all areas of responsibility (e.g. Inbound/Outbound/Returns) focusing on operational KPI's and performance. Ensuring that the working environment is efficient, operational KPI's are exceeded and teams have the best training and guidance for future success.
- Create improvement plans across all shifts/areas, ensuring best practice is shared and embedded
- Identify, plan and deliver improvements in all areas, ensuring all stakeholders are engaged and involved
- Set departmental targets for improvement and process adherence to ensure KPI's are met
- Ensure current knowledge of site wide, end to end process
- Manage the skills base within the department to ensure flexibility of resource
- Implement and control processes to optimise storage and conveyor utilisation, maximising productivity
- Drive cross functional working to ensure delivery of site KPI's
- Ensure the teams minimise stock inaccuracy through effective process management and adherence
- Participate in regular reviews of operational process, the maintenance of SOP's and risk assessment
- Be an ambassador for Shop Direct, setting the tone for our culture, role modelling our values and fostering a culture of open, 2 way communication in a performance driven environment
- Step into the Operations Manager role from time to time
We’re a company that has been around for over 100 years and yet we still feel new and fresh. Not only are we bringing the latest technology to the East Midlands, we’re also bringing with us our unique company culture. We’re creating an amazing place to work – from well-being through to career development, and reward and recognition. This is a great place to join if you want genuine career opportunities but also a place to coach and develop your own team…we do not settle for the ordinary here and you will have the chance to work and learn with some incredible logistics talent from across the industry.
The Shift Manager will be a leader in their current role, with a talent for exceeding operational KPI’s but also someone with a real flair for coaching and developing staff. They will be the "go to" person for Warehouse Operations and will be highly skilled in Inbound, Outbound and Returns.
The post holder will be a cultural ambassador for the fulfilment centre, and will be fundamental in developing new and efficient ways of working. They will play an active role in supporting engagement at all levels.
We would love to hear from anyone who has great people management experience in a fulfilment setting, preferably with experience of a new site set up.
We know that the right person will view this as a great opportunity that will come with its own rewards. You will have the opportunity to build great relationships at a senior level both internally and externally and play a key role in the next step of the fulfilment journey here at Shop Direct. The role holder will then be expected to progress into an Operations Manager role.
If you would like to join the team, please apply online or contact Kieran Grundy in the talent team at Shop Direct.
Please be aware all successful candidates may be subject to a CIFAS and CRB check.
A fantastic salary and package is available for the successful applicant.