Search by job title or keyword
Pricing Assistant (9m FTC)
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the role.
We have a really exciting opportunity looking for a Pricing Assistant for a 9 month Fixed Term Contract to join the team. You’ll report directly into the Pricing Manager for the area, so lots of opportunity to further develop your skills.
In addition, you will have/be:
- Accountable for the implementation of all price activity, across all product areas and all levels of trading activity
- Responsible for meeting strict SLA guidelines for all pricing activity
- Responsible for Delivery excellent accuracy levels for all pricing activity
- Delivery of plans in support of key business events (Sale / Black Friday / Pink Weekend)
- Responsible for the creation & accuracy of all events
- Auditing of existing prices against set measures
- Responsible for all site checks both pre go live and post live
- Co-ordinating with buying and merchandising team to ensure pricing activities are in line with business plan
- Make commercially focused decision on behalf of the business in order to protect trade from pricing errors
- Provide support for Promotional Assistants (Promo Codes & Value Deals) offering accuracy checking and at busy times creation of offers
- Provide Business Support over extended core hours – 7AM – 6.30PM
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Highly developed skills with Excel & Access
- Retail knowledge
- Able to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- Able to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining high standards of accuracy.
- The role holder will need to be able to manage close relationships with Buying and Merchandising, Online Merchandising teams.
- The role holder will need to be able to plan, review and prioritise activities in order to meet deadlines and achieve goals. Will be able to consider all relevant factors but is not distracted for achieving an outcome.
- Very organised and a clear communicator.
- Ability to influence at all levels.
- Keen attention to detail and high standards.
- Motivated and enthusiastic.
- Salary starting from £21,450.00 with a flexible benefits package of £250.00
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for their next career move either straight from university,retail or office background .
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.