Search by job title or keyword
Planning Team Manager
Shop Direct (the home of Very.co.uk & Littlewoods) have some great opportunities for an experienced Planning Team Manager to support us at our new automated and purpose-built fulfilment centre at East Midlands Gateway in Derby.
The Planning Team Manager will lead the people and processes within the operational area of the fulfilment centre. They will ensure that the working environment is efficient, and customer focussed in order to exceed operational KPI’s. The Planning Team Manager will ensure the smooth running of an effective planning function and build site’s capacity in accordance with customer delivery requirements and budget constraints.
- Build and communicate efficient operational short, medium and long term labour plans that provide required capacities based on customer’s needs and priorities
- Create and issue rota schedules and monitor employees annual leave to ensure operational capacity and company’s contractual and legal obligations are met.
- Coordinate Inbound planning processes to ensure smooth product flow into the depot.
- Oversee Outbound planning to provide skilled labour and transport resource adequate to required capacities and in line with the budgeted targets.
- Manage Agency communications regarding operational requirements, recruitment & training.
- Ensure sufficient and appropriate consumables are available for the operations.
- Produce attendance and KPI tracking tools & reports.
- Prepare and deliver presentations relevant to Planning area to management team.
- Understand problems, initiate long term structured improvement projects and ensure their timely delivery.
- Prioritise tasks to ensure targets and deadlines are met.
- Ensure adequate cover for all daily planning tasks.
- Ensure engagement with other departments
- Coach, lead and motivate teams of fulfilment colleagues (including team coaches and co-ordinators) to deliver daily targets/KPIs as defined by customer targets/requirements and overall site targets
- Promote and encourage positive colleague engagement, helping to create a culture that listens, retains colleagues and drives performance
- Drive and promote a positive culture of health and safety and safe working, ensuring all H&S and associated processes are followed
- Support a culture of continuous improvement, process adherence and quality
Essential knowledge, skills, role specific qualifications:
- Experience of leading a team within a fulfilment or manufacturing environment to achieve departmental and site KPIs
- Experience of developing, coaching and engaging a team
- Strong technical and analytical skills, especially in Excel and Access
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational activity within an automated fulfilment centre
- Understanding of the end to end process within an automated fulfilment centre.
- Ability to deputise for the MI & Planning Manager if required
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement tools & techniques
- Understands commercial impacts of decisions made
- Adaptable. Proactive, team player
- Resilient, with the ability to deal with challenges arising through the start-up of the site
- Flexible approach with a desire to exceed targets through proactive management
- Cultural ambassador for the fulfilment centre
- Customer focussed and aware if the external and internal requirements for quality, efficiency and accuracy
How to apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Planning Team Manager looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available for the successful candidate