Search by job title or keyword
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
People Team at Shop Direct.
Our progressive People team are a far cry from a traditional HR function. Led by our ambitions to create a purpose and values led culture here at Shop Direct we've ploughed energy, effort and skill into our people agenda. We have a diversely skilled team that spans from finding the next talent to join shop direct to strategically partnering with the organisation on all things people related through to ensuring we have a reward programme to match the size and scale of our ambitions. We have some of the most customer focused, commercially minded and talented leaders and colleagues on our team. We're busy doing the smart thinking and helping the business to make the best people related decisions to drive our success.
We’re excited to share three opportunities for ambitious, driven and curious graduates looking for the first step into their human resources careers. You’ll join either the Reward, People Partnering or Talent Acquisition teams, you’ll learn at pace as part of our dynamic people team. You'll be working with supportive, innovative and energetic people who are focused on getting the job done as well as having some fun along the way too. We're very passionate about growing our own talent and we will give you the opportunity, freedom and support to shape your career here and become part of our future.
We'd love to meet someone who?
- Has a real thirst for knowledge, you must be ambitious, professional and assertive with a hands-on approach and a good commercial brain
- Has a strong degree from a prestigious university, be curious and good with people
- Shares our thirst for knowledge and passion for people led outcomes, keen attention to detail and a real passion for our talent.
- You'll not stand on the side lines - you'll get stuck in giving your views, opinions and feedback as you go
- Above all, you’ll be full of fresh ideas and love working as part of a diverse team.
- You’ll not be afraid of hard work and you will be passionate about driving a people first culture
- Confident and organised you’ll be at home dealing with our people and analysing data, as well as presenting your thoughts
We'd love to hear from you if?
- You will work with the head of people to create and manage the people architecture at Shop Direct.
- With the ambition to meet our business and customer outcomes whilst protecting the business from risk, driving commercial value from all people decisions and fostering the culture we’re creating here, reflective of our values.
- You will be Working closely with the Head of People to drive forward and deliver on key elements of the progressive people plans for specific teams as well as supporting the overall group people strategy. You will Lean into the centres of excellence (talent, comms, reward, ER etc) to collaborate and deliver value for our business and colleagues in the areas that matter m
- And you will Face into change – coaching and guiding our leaders, providing the skills and expertise to avoid risk and remain values led.
- You’ll support the Reward team with the design and delivery of our Reward strategy here at Shop Direct. This’ll involve supporting our annual pay review, bonus allocation, and our pensions and benefits offering.
- You’ll enjoy putting your analytical mind to the test here - getting to grips with our people data, supporting with various modelling, and providing recommendations across multiple elements of reward.
- You’ll have opportunities to collaborate with colleagues on multiple projects; understanding requirements, translating them into actions and supporting through to completion.
- Whilst Reward will be your primary focus, you’ll benefit from working with our centres of excellence to grow your knowledge of all things Shop Direct.
- You will be creating a search strategy and execute it across sourcing, networking and market mapping for the most senior level positions (Exec and A grades)
- You will provide best-in-class research and competitive market intelligence that equips our team to excel in the marketplace.
- You will be an expert in drafting and presenting insightful reports relating to both searches and market information.
- You will focus on driving a best in class candidate experience and ensure a high quality of hire.
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
What's in it for you?
- A true digital workplace, our state-of-the-art office has a real buzz as the best minds in retail, tech and data who all work together to make our customers happy
- You’ll grow your network, soak up knowledge and have plenty of fun along the way
- We’ll keep you on your toes with different challenges and experiences to help you kick start, drive and shape your career in HR
- Generous salary, annual bonus, as well as paying into your pension
- You’ll put your learning into action in the fast-paced world of retail and financial services
- You’ll develop your skills every day with the support of a mentor, our superb training and a development plan that’s as individual as you and you can drive your own career
- Amazing offices, with a gym, juice bar and onsite restaurant, great staff discounts across Very & Very Exclusive And lots more.
How to apply.
- Apply online via our careers site, upload your CV and wait to hear from us, if you have any questions you can email Lyndsay.email@example.com
- Attend our assessment day if you are shortlisted from your application
- And then RELAX!
- We will be in touch as soon as we can and we will give you feedback.