Search by job title or keyword
We are excited to be advertising the role of Senior HR Administrator (Payroll & Benefits) to support in a busy shared service environment at our offices in Aintree, Liverpool. This role is a 6- 12-month FTC in what is an exciting time for our people services team.
A little bit about us
We’re Shop Direct, the multi award winning people behind Very.co.uk, Very Exclusive and Littlewoods.com. We’re the UK’s second largest pureplay, online only retailer, with annual sales of close to £2 billion and millions of website visits each week. We exist for our purpose, what makes us unique and binds our 4,000 colleagues together – to make good things easily accessible to more people.
About the role
It’s a great time to join Shop Direct. The Very Group has stepped changed its ambition and with this comes great investment across the business, as we plan to introduce some key technology enhancements over the next 12 months there is certainly opportunity for this person to play their part in this whilst supporting a maternity cover in this HR role. Working in a small team in a complex business means this person will have great exposure across HR and more specifically payoll but also enough to keep those who love a busy workload challenged.
The person will work with an incredibly diverse range of people and stakeholders, both internally and externally. For sure, it’s a fast paced, super demanding and is an everyday busy role for someone who thrives with this work.
- Payroll and HR Administration - Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages, Excel is key (Ability to set up new documents as well as using and developing existing templates/processes)
- Excellent communication skills to ensure that all correspondence, whether verbal or written, is clear, concise and accurate
- Workload allocation across the team using a case management system (we use Neocase)
- Good working knowledge of current payroll legislation and an understanding of current best practice, as well asStatutory payments/deductions, Tax code changes, manual calculations.
- Point of escalation for the team providing specialist advice and support to the payroll team and problem solve to help overcome day to day issues raised by the wider team.
- Understanding of the principles of the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts
- Systems – ability to use various systems such as payroll, case management etc. and be able to adapt to new versions.
- Completing End of Year procedures including P11d, P60, EPS reconciliations
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships, we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player is a must.
You will have proven experience of working in a similar position and be able to demonstrate your expertise across HR and Payroll, being able to see a task through to completion.
We’re looking for someone who is naturally proactive, will spot where and how to make things better and can galvanise people if need be to make a change, resolving potential issues as practically as possible using your instincts and experience to support you into making the right decisions.
Having a strong eye for detail and organisation skills will support you in performing every day admin tasks to the high requirements that Shop Direct expects, whilst working to deadlines. We are on an exciting journey and you will be able to play a part in supporting across some new technology investments.
If you are a “go getter” who thrives working in a fast-paced environment, who wants to broaden their skills and who wants to be supported to make their own decisions then we would love to tell you more about us!
What will you get in return? Brilliant experience, the opportunity to play an important part in Shop Directs ambitious journey and a rewarding, purposeful role which can make such a positive impact for Shop Directs people services team. And you’ll have a giggle too.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply, please apply via our careers page or you can reach out directly to Hayley Denson in the Talent team at Shop Direct on Hayley.Denson@shopdirect.com
Best of luck with your application.