Search by job title or keyword
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the team.
Our in-house legal team offer a great springboard for someone tenacious and ambitious to really kick start a career in Law. The legal team support the whole of Shop Direct across various sites, because of the nature of the business we operate in this can mean the team work at pace, without sacrificing quality of work. You will find our Solicitors are approachable with great stakeholder management skills who love their job and are passionate about continually driving knowledge and performance across the area…a true grounding for a Paralegal to build their own experience in.
If you are a Law Graduate who is looking to gain experience as a Paralegal and the opportunity to progress to a training contract, then this could be for you.
You will have ideally already completed your Legal Practice Course (LPC) or be working towards it and be able to demonstrate a real passion to learn and develop yourself. If you have experience of working as a Paralegal then great but we are open minded for candidates looking for their first role.
About the role
The Paralegal will support the Legal team in all areas of law with a view to working towards acting under their own initiative on routine and standardised legal matters, identifying any departures from standard process and escalating within the team as required.
- contract reviews and negotiations to support our procurement process (including confidentiality agreements, data processing agreements and RFP documentation, based on standard templates);
- advising on, drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts with third party suppliers (including trials, short term agreements, consultancy agreements, based on standard templates);
- contractual due diligence activities;
- supporting litigation work (including attending mediations/trials, monitoring deadlines, corresponding with third party solicitors and courts over hearing dates and completing standard court documentation);
- supporting a range of commercial projects, attending meetings and advising the business on questions and queries;
- legal research on a variety of subjects (including contract law, competition law, data protection, product liability and intellectual property);
- contract management, precedents & administrative responsibilities;
- supporting the Head of Consumer Affairs with consumer and advertising queries;
- prize competitions & similar T&Cs;
- provide corporate administrative support; and
- provide training presentation preparation and updates.
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about a career in Law looking for their first step on the ladder or simply a move whereby you can progress. . If you're interested to find out more please contact Hayley Denson in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.