Search by job title or keyword
Outbound Logistics Payment Analyst
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the role.
The successful applicant will be the carrier account invoicing expert within the team, simplifying our current processes whilst building a long-term robust carrier invoice control framework for Outbound Logistics.
They will build a strong cross-functional working relationship with Carriers, Finance, Accounts Payable and the Senior Logistics team.
- Develop and own the control frameworks for carrier billing and Suppliers Own Transport spend
- Provide clear visibility of Outbound billing status to all stakeholders through timely, robust and actionable reporting, and continually look for opportunities to improve processes in this area
- Embed proactive audits and reports to enable matching of invoiced parcel volumes to receipted volumes within the agreed tolerances and invoice prices to the contract
- Ensure accurate provisioning of carrier costs with smooth and timely processing of invoices
- Support Outbound Logistics Senior Managers in driving world class performance with carriers in line with agreed service levels, including regular face-to-face meetings
- Support carrier selection through data driven invoice analysis
- Achieve KPI targets (TBC) through clear reporting and use of root cause analysis, with action plans in place to address areas of under performance
- Stay up to date with changes and developments in the global logistics industry
This is a great opportunity for Logistics Analyst to work within a high performing logistics team. All applicants will need to have the following experience and qualities:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience within an analytical/finance role
- Experience of Retail Logistics or related sector would be beneficial
- Team player
- Highly organized with ability to manage own workload
- Extremely analytical and numerate, with the ability to interrogate large sets of data and draw appropriate conclusions, and present in an easy to understand way
- Very IT literate with detailed knowledge of Excel and other appropriate systems
- Experience of dealing with and influencing external partners and suppliers
- Comfortable communicating at all levels of the business, both in writing and verbally
- Able to take the initiative and drive results when needed
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and well-being agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Logistics Analyst looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status..