Search by job title or keyword
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the role.
This is a great opportunity for an Operations Manager to join us at our new automated and purpose-built fulfilment centre, SkyGate, at East Midlands Gateway in Derby.
We need an operations manager to lead the operational teams within their area of responsibility (e.g. Inbound/Outbound/Returns), ensuring customer focus to meet all operational KPI's and performance. Leading site vision strategy through inspirational continuous improvement and developing a great team culture.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the shift managers to create improvement plans across all shifts/areas, ensuring best practice is shared and embedded
- Identify, plan and deliver improvements in all areas, ensuring all stakeholders are engaged and involved
- Set departmental targets for improvement and process adherence to ensure KPI's are met
- Ensure current knowledge of site wide, end to end process
- Regular communication on service levels, forecast demands and changes in the operation.
- Manage the skills base within the department to ensure flexibility of resource
- Implement and control processes to optimise storage and conveyor utilisation, maximising productivity
- Drive cross functional working to ensure delivery of site KPIs
- Ensure the teams minimise stock inaccuracy through effective process management and adherence
- Participate in regular reviews of operational process, the maintenance of SOPs and risk assessments
- Act as a subject matter expert for their area of responsibility, as well as understanding how the wider operation work
Our new Operations Managers will have a real passion for new site set ups with the ability to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in, being leaders in their current role with a talent for exceeding operational KPI’s but also someone with a real flair for coaching and developing staff.
The Operations Managers will take the lead in supporting their business area in start up, working closely with the testing and engineering teams to truly get the most out of your team both now and in the future. The post holder will be a cultural ambassador for the fulfilment centre and key to developing ways of working and the colleague proposition, supporting engagement at all levels. We would love to hear from anyone who has great people management experience in a fulfilment setting, preferably with experience of a new site set up. We know that the right person will view this as a great opportunity that will come with its own rewards. You will have the opportunity to build great relationships at a senior level both internally and externally and play a key role in the next step of the fulfilment journey here at Shop Direct.
A Competitive salary and flexible benefits allowance is available for the successful applicant.
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Operations Manager looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.