Search by job title or keyword
Onsite Optimisation Specialist - 9m FTC
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the team.
We are looking for an Onsite Optimisation Specialist to join the team for a 9 month fixed term contract, you’ll be responsible for creating a core category journey that best represents the products we sell and their attributes, aligned to our customer’s behaviour and findability expectations.
About the role.
In addition, you will:
- Act as the voice of the customer during the lifecycle of a product range.
- Will focus on resolving customer problems and seeking new opportunities to improve category metrics such as conversion and progression to product.
- Consistently communicating the users’ behaviours and interactions learnt from observing user studies alongside data insights, whilst taking into account how the industry is evolving in our sector.
- Category Optimisation
- Review and build core navigation and refinement elements of the customer journey, whilst being consistent with the user experience principles.
- Ensure all category onsite search keywords are optimised and relevant, using re-directs and thesaurus entries when needed.
- Maximise user generated content including review coverage and Q&A responses.
- Work with brands to syndicate content where available and maximise coverage.
- Optimise product recommendations to suit each category and algorithmic strategy.
- Adapt persuasive messaging content, ensuring it is relevant and compelling towards each category.
- Provide actionable insights to the business and reporting, to maximise category performance.
- Be able to confidently present your findings and progress, to all key stakeholders at all levels of hierarchy
- Work with business stakeholders in the planning and onsite creation of key events and seasons.
- Manage own deadline by prioritising workload, delivering projects on time and to budget.
- Work with digital product squads to improve the customer experience.
- Work with the rest of the team to improve processes and streamline manual tasks, to become more efficient.
- Align team approach and execution to customer behaviour principles to ensure consistent site wide customer journeys.
- Set guardrails and educate business users in best practice for example: ensuring Brand stores provide the best customer journey and to showcase the brands identity.
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Experience working in a retail eCommerce environment is essential.
- Aware of current trading performance and competitor activity.
- Knowledgeable and passionate about product.
- Has worked with analytical platforms and interpreting data, including advanced Excel and Google Analytics skills.
- Understanding the major factors that influence the customer journey and can demonstrate success in improving performance in a multi-category digital retailer.
- Be a logical thinker & process driven, technically minded and an eye for making things better.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Able to work in a fast paced, agile environment.
- Demonstrate ability to use initiative and work independently when required.
- Organised and has excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Technically minded, with the ability to use a number of different systems to manage and make changes to the site.
- Analytically/ Logically minded as the role involves a lot of analysis to understand what changes should be made
- Confident communicator to initiate work with multiple teams and present back.
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status