Search by job title or keyword
MI Team Manager
Shop Direct (the home of Very.co.uk & Littlewoods) have a great opportunity for an experienced MI Team Manager to support us at our new automated and purpose-built fulfilment centre at East Midlands Gateway in Derby.
The MI Team Manager will guarantee accuracy, integrity and timeliness of reporting of information to Site Management team. They will support the development of new reporting as required, to facilitate informed decision making by site management, and to drive cost improvements within operational areas. The MI Team Manager will also support the team to ensure a consistent base of knowledge and trustworthy level of service.
- Produce Management Information that then enables stakeholders to provide actionable insight driving strategic and operational decisions.
- Produce reporting which is consistent and accurate enabling the operations to focus on achieving stated outcomes.
- Identify short term priorities based on customer needs.
- Understand problems, initiate long term structured improvement projects and ensuring their timely delivery.
- Prioritise tasks to ensure targets are and deadlines are met
- Ensure adequate cover for all daily reporting tasks.
- Drive accountability by recording breaches of service.
- Ensure engagement with other departments
Essential knowledge, skills, role specific qualifications:
- Previous experience working in MI is essential either as a Senior Analyst looking for a step up or an experienced MI Manager looking for a change.
- Experience of leading a team within a fulfilment or manufacturing environment to achieve departmental and site KPIs
- Experience of developing, coaching and engaging a team
- Strong technical and analytical skills, especially in Excel and Access
- Comprehensive knowledge of operational activity within an automated fulfilment centre
- Understanding of the end to end process within an automated fulfilment centre.
- Ability to deputise for the MI & Planning Manager if required
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement tools & techniques
- Understands commercial impacts of decisions made
- Adaptable. Proactive, team player
- Resilient, with the ability to deal with challenges arising through the start-up of the site
- Flexible approach with a desire to exceed targets through proactive management
- Customer focussed and aware if the external and internal requirements for quality, efficiency and accuracy
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced MI Team Manager looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Kieran Grundy in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available for the successful applicant.