Search by job title or keyword
Merchandising Fashion Graduate - London
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
Merchandising @ Shop Direct London
Our Merchandising teams are leading the way in finding the next great product, whether that be across technology, fashion or homeware. We have some of the best analytical minds in merchandising who are busy doing the smart thinking and making the big decisions on products that drive our business.
We’re excited to share an opportunity for ambitious, driven and curious graduate looking for the first step into their careers, based in our fantastic London Victoria office you'll find our newest office. Just a few hundred steps from Victoria Station, (check your fitness band if you don't believe us!) Sky Victoria occupies a fantastic location in the heart of the city.
You’ll join us at a Merchandising Assistant for a high-profile fashion brand and you’ll learn at pace as part of our dynamic merchandising team, you’ll help to make sure our stock is in the right place at the right time to keep our customers happy and drive our profitability whilst constantly developing and playing your part as a crucial part of the fashion team.
You’ll be working with friendly, innovative and passionate people. We're very supportive and will give you opportunity, support and a career path to shape you career and become our future.
About the role.
- You’ll assist with brand catalogue estimating and help to produce dynamic range plans.
- You’ll produce stock analysis and accurate weekly reports for trading meetings
- Manage a variety of systems to help us deliver our promises, wow our customers and get our orders out on time – every time
- Build strong relationships with suppliers, assess their performance and update production plans
- Maintain stock, monitor shipment deadlines, provide accurate updates and allocate and load pre-season catalogue number trends
- Feedback on performance and identify emerging trends and new trading opportunities
Has a real thirst for knowledge, you must be ambitious, professional and assertive with a hands-on approach and a good commercial brain
- A love for fashion with a knowledge of trends and brand awareness
- You will be a recent graduate but also curious and good with numbers
- Confident and organised, you’ll be at home dealing with our suppliers and analysing data, as well as presenting your thoughts.
- Shares our thirst for knowledge and passion for customer communications and CRM, keen attention to detail and a real passion for our products
- As the pace is fast here, you’ll also need to be a superb organiser with good analytical and prioritisation skills
- You’ll not be afraid of hard work and you will be passionate about providing products and brands that make our customers look good
- Above all, you’ll be full of fresh ideas and love working as part of a diverse team to provide our customers with their favourite brands
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
Apply online via our careers site, upload your CV and wait to hear from us, if you have any questions you can email Lyndsay.firstname.lastname@example.org
And then RELAX! We will be in touch as soon as we can and we will give you feedback.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.