Search by job title or keyword
In the world of retail things happen fast, especially at Shop Direct. We're transforming at an unprecedented rate, becoming a truly world class digital retailer. Ensuring we make our customers aware of products that are relevant to them is really important to us and we know its really important to our customer. Its central to our strategy and why we're looking to attract the very best talent we can and build on our already impressive team.
We’re the UK’s second largest pureplay online retailer and we exist for one simple reason; to make good things easily accessible to more people. It’s our purpose, why we get out of bed in the morning.
It means offering the best range of famous brands, a seamless online shopping journey and unique ways to spread the cost that our customers love.
We’ve been doing it for more than 80 years and our digital department stores have become household names, from the much-loved Littlewoods.com to Very.co.uk, which is now our biggest and fastest growing brand with sales of more than £1bn.
Today, we turnover more than £1.9bn, our websites get over 1.2m visits every day and 62% of our online sales are from mobile devices. We sell over 1,300 famous brands and deliver 49 million products to over four million customers each year.
We’ve got a clear goal. It’s to become a world class digital retailer. We’re already well on the way and, by staying true to our purpose, we believe we’ll achieve our ambition.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven part-qualified accountant to come and join our Finance team. Working within the Finance Control team you will be responsible for accounting entries impacting the Home Shopping Business Balance Sheet.
The role will include:
- Posting of month-end journals affecting the Stock Balance Sheet accounts and production of associated Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Production of monthly Stock Reports for the wider Finance and Commercial teams.
- Responsibility for facilitating the month-end Balance Sheet reconciliation process and maintenance of the Balance Sheet reconciliation file.
- Monthly Reconciliation of Rebates and Sales Out Allowance Debtor balances.
- Production of Quarterly VAT Return for the Home Shopping business, including the preparation of a monthly rolling VAT forecast.
- Monthly Expense System Audit and maintenance of access rights for Travel Reservation system.
- Import of monthly payroll run into Oracle, the Distribution of Payroll Reports and production of monthly Gross to Net and Childcare Account reconciliations.
You will be a part-qualified accountant who has the ability to deal with complexity and communicate complex financial matters in simple terms.
You will possess analytical skills and be adept at developing insight from data from a variety of sources.
You will be comfortable working to tight deadlines under pressure and you will be highly motivated and driven to achieve against milestones, deadlines and initiatives. As such, you’ll be experienced in managing a wide variety of projects simultaneously and juggling often conflicting deadlines and priorities. You will be detail conscious and able to work on a high volume of work at pace maintaining accuracy and delivery.
You’re innovative and able to challenge to ensure processes are as efficient as possible as well as looking at opportunities to automate or challenge the status quo.
- Flexible Benefits package of £250 (Can take as salary uplift)
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare Vouchers
- Private Pension matched at 6%
- Brand Discount
- Bonus Potential (performance & business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Accountant looking for their next career move. If you are interested to find out more please contact email@example.com at Shop Direct
Please note that the Talent Acquisition team at Shop Direct is managing this vacancy directly and will not be accepting CVs sent by any recruitment agencies
Please be advised, if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check
If you are a current employee of Shop Direct please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant