Search by job title or keyword
Group Finance Manager
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
Role Purpose & Key Responsibilities:
- Monthly consolidation and group reporting work, including responsibility for the preparation of the group consolidation with supporting information and balance sheet analysis.
- Monthly group cash flow reporting and working with the Reporting Team to prepare relevant commentary for the group management accounts.
- Responsibility for accounting for the holding company and production of monthly management accounts. Provide technical expertise, including a key role in the IFRS transition project. This will involve being able to understand, explain and calculate IFRS conversion adjustments and influence key stakeholders across the business.
- Preparation of the year end consolidation and the Groups statutory accounts.
- Qualified accountant with strong, up to date technical knowledge of IFRS.
- Experience of successfully leading and managing teams whilst developing more junior members of staff.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Credibility to advise on key business issues and be a key point of contact for accounting and control issues across the group.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to provide accurate and timely solutions to senior management and adapt processes to pre-empt senior management requirements.
- Ability to think analytically and challenge the status quo
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to make their first move out of practice into a commercial role or an experienced commercial accountant looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Chris Nicholas in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.