Search by job title or keyword
Graduate Software Engineer
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the team.As we continue to grow, we're investing heavily in people and technology to continue pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. Our highly talented and skilled technology team continue to test, learn and invest in disruptive innovation that solves important customer challenges. Our next chapter has just begun, so we need super smart, talented and driven Graduates who can lead the charge and challenge us at what we do. We’re really excited to tell you about our Associate Engineer role that will kick start and shape your future. You’ll work across our tech and data teams and you will get the chance to develop and grow your technical skills. We want super star graduates who have a digital mind, innovation and can motivate themselves. We want graduates who have ambition and who see themselves driving their careers to become future leaders
About the role.
You’ll join a team of talented engineers across either Data, Testing, Architecture, Engineering & cloud who all collaborate with people across the business and work on some high profile projects.
Can work to a fast pace, you’ll also need to be a superb organiser with excellent communication skills.
Is motivated, passionate and proactive about delivery of value to the business and our customer
Will challenge how we do things… and help us innovate combining your knowledge and university degree to create our future
Has a degree in Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, or Programming
Fascination with data - you get a thrill out of using data to find ways to help businesses solve hard problems and make better decisions
Understand our values and live and breath them
Has a thirst for knowledge, you will be learning every day and we want to give you the best development to set you up for success
Bonus Points IF..
You have some coding experience, preferably in Java.
An Understanding of SQL and Python
A placement or within a data focused environment, with an understanding or exposure to cloud tech such as AWS or Softlayer.
Data Lake… do you know what this is? Extra bonus points if you know the difference between data
- Has a real thirst for knowledge, you must be ambitious, professional and assertive with a hands-on approach and a good commercial brain
- You will be a recent graduate but also curious and good with numbers
- Confident and organised, you’ll be at home dealing with our suppliers and analysing data, as well as presenting your thoughts.
- Shares our thirst for knowledge and passion for customer communications and CRM, keen attention to detail and a real passion for our products
- As the pace is fast here, you’ll also need to be a superb organiser with good analytical and prioritisation skills
- You’ll not be afraid of hard work and you will be passionate about providing products and brands that make our customers look good
- Above all, you’ll be full of fresh ideas and love working as part of a diverse team to provide our customers with their favourite brands
- A chance to start your career at Shop Direct and learn from the very best in technology
- You will have a dedicated line manager, innovative mentor, world class T&D Competitive salary and a career path you can drive and shape yourself
- Competitive salary and a career path you can drive and shape yourself ·
- Work with the leading technologies and develop your skills across AWS, Java Spring Boot Microservices, Node.js microservices, Groovy, Gradle, Jenkins, Docker, AppDynamics, Kibana, Elastic Search, plus much more
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays
- A cycle to work scheme
- Flexible Working Options
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Multiple on-site discounted restaurants and coffee houses
- A private pension matched contribution
- A strong health and wellbeing agenda (we know you work best when you’re feeling your best!)
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes available each week
- A chance to BE the future
How to apply.
Apply online via our careers site, upload your CV and wait to hear from us, if you have any questions you can email Lyndsay.firstname.lastname@example.org
And then RELAX! We will be in touch as soon as we can and we will give you feedback.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.=