Search by job title or keyword
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the team.
Come and join our Data Engineering team as Graduate associate engineer or developer and you’ll help us to develop an amazing online experience for our customers as they navigate through our website or app. You’ll put your learning into action in the fast-paced world of retail. And you’ll develop your skills every day with the support of our amazing data team.
You’ll learn to work with a varied tech stack that includes Scala, Spark, and Cassandra to name a few languages and tools. A solid grasp of programming skills, the willingness and passion to learn new tech, and an interest and emerging knowledge in big data technologies will put you in good stead here. You’ll work alongside some of the brightest minds in tech and e-commerce, in cross functional agile teams where you’ll be empowered to explore, experiment and iterate. You’ll learn new tech, and you’ll have the opportunity to get involved in hackathons and meet-ups. You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside all our Data teams internally, and to have exposure not just to Data Engineering but also some of the work in our Data Science team. All the time we’ll keep you on your toes with different challenges and experiences to help you kick start your career.
What will you get up to?
• Putting into practice your coding experience in Scala, Java and other programming languages across the team
• Working with cross-functional teams to build scalable data infrastructure to support important projects and initiatives
• Attending team meetings and contributing to the future direction of our tech
• Gaining experience and understanding of our Data Engineering function, alongside a greater understanding of how it fits into the wider business
We'd love to hear from you if:
You should be a graduate e currently studying for a degree in Computer Science or related disciplines. You will need to be passionate about data, with strong commercial awareness. You will need to have some experience of Java and it is essential that you are able to demonstrate a strong interest in developing your skills in other programming languages. We are looking for someone who is keen to develop and learn new skills. Above all, you’ll need to be brave, strong minded and a confident communicator and team player who isn’t afraid of hard work and can juggle different priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Commercial, passionate with a technical mind
- We want you to.. Think BIG
- Make a difference to our business
- Innovate, collaborate and bring new ideas
- £250 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
If you want to find out more about starting a career with us email our early talent manger: Lyndsay.email@example.com
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.