Search by job title or keyword
Forecast Stock Planner
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the team.
We are looking for two Forecasting and Stock Plannerto join our Home category both permanently and for a 12 month fixed term contract. You’ll support the Category Manager in forecast and stock plans associated to the development and delivery of a commercial range, whether stocked in or DD, with the aim of delivering stock efficiency, maximum availability and the management of the customer delivery promise. We have big plans for home, with ambitious growth targets and plans to onboard even more brands to sit alongside some of our big homebrand names; Joules, Oasis, River Island.
You’ll focus on all aspects of stock planning, formulating plans with the Category Manager and feeding into the Commercial Manager. Analysing stock performance with an understanding of all impacting factors and reacting/adjusting plans and forecasts accordingly.
In addition, you will:
- Ownership of the stock plan.
- Take high level category plan and create line level forecasts by week with the correct phasing.
- Support category manager with analysis and insight to develop range plan
- Analyse performance vs. the stock plan and adjust forecasts accordingly.
- Works with the category manager when products performance varies to forecast to take the required action,e.g. through price, mark-down
- Ownership of WSSI management
- Ownership for category availability, markdown level, accuracy of forecasts
- Ownership for stock holding/stock health and stock turn (weeks cover)
- Oversee production planning, stock phasing and delivery schedule management.
- Align ongoing forecast iterations in response to performance and stock holding feeding in to Commercial Manager/Category Manager to manage OTB accordingly.
- Responsible for supplier performance managing key KPIs such as Broken Promises and Delivery Accuracy
- Support wider team with direction on creation of data led line level forecasts to support range sign off, maximise availability and stock efficiencies aligned to the forecast.
- Support Category Manager with analysis to inform strategy, range frameworks, including detailed analysis around the optimal range size, product mix, brand/own brand mix etc
- Set the team up to manage inbound, lead-times and the customer promise accordingly
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Sound commercial acumen with an ability to demonstrate a strong analytical capability
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of stock & sales management
- Proven track record of supply chain management
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Champions what is right for the Customer, Team and Business
- Solution and delivery focused
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Inquisitive and open to challenge using data to inform opinion
- Demonstrable high level excel skills
- £1,000.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status