Search by job title or keyword
Finance Manager - Contract
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are currently looking to hire an experienced Finance Manager on a day rate contract to join our Finance team. This role has overall responsibility for the HS balance sheet, including oversight of the balance sheet reconciliation process, reviewing key balance sheet accounts and reconciliations and monitoring the quality of outputs produced by the team.
- Responsibility for overseeing timely completion of HS monthly period end accounting process.
- Overall responsibility for completion of HS statutory accounts and primary contact for external auditors.
- Lead Group’s understanding of key balance sheet risks and sensitivity to internal and external factors.
- Understanding key commercial drivers behind balance sheet values and movements.
- Challenge and understanding of all forecast and budget drivers to provide value adding commentary.
- Reviewing and delivering key HS accounting outputs including monthly P&L result, quarterly VAT submissions and the group consolidated VAT return.
- Challenge decisions made around provisioning and advise on best practice.
- Prepare key accounting judgement papers and sensitivity analysis on a quarterly and yearly basis, specifically around Stock, Stock provisioning and Fixed Assets.
- Keeping up to date with new IFRS accounting standards and contributing to their future impact on the HS balance sheet.
- Make decisions over how to present opportunities and risks within the HS balance sheet to key stakeholders.
- Review and present the HS balance sheet pack to key HS and Group stakeholders within the business.
Essential knowledge, skills, role specific qualifications:
- ACA/ACCA qualified accountant with 3+ PQE
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, with the ability to review new legalisation and ascertain the impact of any changes in accounting and reporting legalisation on the HS business .
- Will need to work to tight schedules that may change regularly a strong understanding of excel and Oracle to enable quick and efficient reporting and timely response to questions is required.
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager who is looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.