Search by job title or keyword
Compliance Manager - Information Security
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the role.
- Promote information security throughout the organisation; and manage the implications of relevant laws, regulations and contracts
- Maintain policy and standards to protect critical facilities and services against; targeted cyber-attack resulting in unauthorised physical access; accidental damage; loss of power; fire; and other environmental or natural hazards
- Support the leadership team within the Shop Direct Group to develop and deliver best possible approaches to achieve business objectives at the same time as remaining compliant
- To keep abreast of regulatory policy developments and advise on the expected business impact of these changes
- To fully understand ongoing change within the business and assess their potential impact on existing policy, process and risk
- Create, manage, and deliver to employee’s effective information security awareness training. Ensure that this addresses key risk areas, offers insight into employee obligations under policy, and reﬂects current threats. Update and refresh the training at suitable intervals
- Ideally Degree or equivalent
- Experience within the Financial Services industry
- Preferred Information security experience within the Financial Services industry
- Proven credibility when working with internal/external businesses and regulators
- Proven track record in interpreting regulation and legislation and apply to policies within a Financial Services environment.
- Policy development
- Process Management
- Commercial awareness
- Relationship management (at senior levels)
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Communication (written, oral)
- Information Security
- Strong regulatory understanding
- Knowledge of latest trends, technologies and threats
Excellent skills and competences in:
Good knowledge of:
- £1000 flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing, footwear and Home,15% off electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
If you're interested to find out more please contact Chris in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.