Search by job title or keyword
Customer Operations Strategy Manager
We are excited to be advertising for the position of Customer Service Strategy Manager to support Shop Direct to develop world class customer service strategy, enabling us to fully realise our ambitions as becoming a world class digital retailer
A little bit about us
We’re Shop Direct, the multi award winning people behind Very.co.uk, Very Exclusive and Littlewoods.com. We’re the UK’s second largest pureplay, online only retailer, with annual sales of close to £2 billion and millions of website visits each week. We exist for our purpose, what makes us unique and binds our 4,000 colleagues together – to make good things easily accessible to more people.
About the role
It’s a great time to join Shop Direct; our customers have never been closer to us having recently unveiled our customer closeness centre which sits at the front of Head Office and has allowed us to get to know our customers better than ever, alongside this we have been one of the first companies to offer multi-channel and are using insight in more ways than we ever have before.
Our new Strategy Manager will be responsible for creating a vision that reflects the wider business strategy and leading in the realisation in building these goals.
This role is critical; as we invest across the business Customer Service is a huge focus and this role needs someone who can drive this area passionately. The person will work with an incredibly diverse range of people and stakeholders, both internally and externally. For sure, it’s a fast paced, super demanding and is an everyday busy role for someone who thrives with this work, but you truly can make a change with the investment and insight that the business will provide.
- Influencing and agreeing strategic priorities using reporting and analysis, the role holder will provide recommendations for strategic direction.
- Shaping and influencing the end to end customer journey for our Customer Care/Customer Support teams, working alongside our customer service insight, operations and transformation teams.
- Develop strong relationships with colleagues within the strategic partnership and internally within SD to gain a comprehensive view of the business.
- Use operational insight and a variety of data sources to understand drivers of dissatisfaction and take appropriate action to support improvement in key metrics
- Create a culture that fits the Strategy by use knowledge of industry, regional and operational culture to deliver SD’s target operating model.
- Use knowledge of UK retail and regulatory market to raise awareness, bring SD’s retail brands and values to life and introduce customer closeness initiatives to drive customer centricity putting the customer at the heart of decision making.
- Support SD planning teams in reviewing forecast requirements and the translation into operational resource plans for budget setting purposes.
We love what we do, and we know when we have great working relationships we’re unbeatable. Passion and pride in your work and a natural desire to connect, collaborate and be a team player is a must.
We’re looking for someone who is naturally proactive, will spot where and how to make things better and can galvanise people if need be to make a change.
To be effective in your role you’ll need to have proven experience in a similar strategic role, with an overall arching view on commercial decisions and how they can impact the wider business.
What will you get in return? Brilliant experience, the opportunity to play an important part in Shop Directs ambitious journey and a rewarding, purposeful role which can make such a positive impact for Shop Direct and the future... And you’ll have a giggle too.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply, please apply via Linkedin or you can reach out directly to Hayley Denson in the Talent team at Shop Direct on Hayley.Denson@shopdirect.com
£6,500 flexible benefits allowance ( can be used as a salary uplift)
30 days holiday plus bank holiday ( option to buy or sell 5 days)
Access to annual bonus
Up to 6% matched pension