Search by job title or keyword
Commercial Assistant - 12m FTC
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the team.
We are looking for a Commercial Assistant to join the team for a 12 month fixed term contract. You will support the Commercial Manager with the delivery of the department, resulting in improved efficiencies, maximised sales potential, obsessing about stock health and margin gain.
This is a new exciting role for Shop Direct and is highly dependent on cross functional working to drive data and insight, supporting the Home Category team to drive the most profitable results for the department.
About the role.
In addition, you will:
- Support Commercial Manager in delivering department objectives
- In-week & next week forecasting based on current trade performance & other relevant insight, e.g. planned promotions
- Monitor weekly WSSI movements & propose short-term amendments based on current trade performance/activity
- Producing data downloads to update regular trackers or adhoc reports
- Support trading decisions driven by performance insight, scenario planning, promo planning & departmental forecasts
- Coordinate promotional activity reporting on yoy variances, compliancy and forecasting margin impact, incorporate any revised activity into forecasts and share with Finance
- Analysis of sell-through reports to identify potential opportunities/challenges, e.g. brands/categories with high/low stocks, poor/strong sell-through, margin performance, returns rates etc
- Scenario planning the P&L impact of key metrics for various in-season trade decisions
- Responsible for total department roll-ups of information, combining data from each of the category teams
- Assist Commercial Manager with seasonal planning process, shaping budgets and assortment size, owning category and departmental roll ups & challenging teams on sales and stock phasing budgets
- Monitor progress to unlocking rebates with brands, reporting on variances and proposing actions to improve
- Involvement in department and/or cross department commercial led projects
- Attending selected supplier meetings/sell-ins to discuss commercial opportunities & stay close to main product drivers/marketing stories
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business. We know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Demonstrable commercial acumen
- Strong mathematical or financial background in previous employment or education
- Competent in Microsoft Excel to an intermediate-advanced level
- Strategic thinker
- Solutions and delivery focused
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status