Search by job title or keyword
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the role
You will be part of a team providing financial support for the provision of cost information with particular reference to the measurement and reporting of cost savings for FS. You will interrogate and interpret data, providing financial guidance, insight and rigour in order to aid decision making. Working in a team with great experience and personality you will support your business area's daily, building relationships and communicating key commercial messages.
- Provide commercial insight to the measurement of savings in relation to costs.
- Analyse and challenge areas of cost performance within FS, ensuring findings are accurately represented and clearly communicated to the functional and finance teams.
- Review outputs from management accounts team, ensuring results are in line with expectations and variances are explained.
- Ensure a robust financial control environment exists with relation to all FS related costs.
- Support production of accurate, robust and stretching budgets / forecasts.
- Prepare detailed budget and forecast models for FS costs. Use models to support and challenge the various FS teams to agree accurate, robust and stretching targets.
- You will drive value through commercial insight, analysis and market knowledge.
- You will play an active role within the wider FS finance team.
- Completion of ad hoc exercises relating to costs within FS finance
This is a great opportunity for a qualified/ part qualified accountant to take a step into a true finance business partner role.
- A qualified accountant is preferred but part qualified applicants will be considered if exceptional.
- A self-starter with the social confidence and charisma to develop highly productive stakeholder relationships.
- Able to challenge upwards and cross functionally and welcomes being challenged.
- Technically excellent with the ability to deal with complexity and communicate complex financial matters in simple terms;
- First class analytical skills with the ability to interpret critical information and data
- To be comfortable working to tight deadlines under pressure
- The ability to navigate and thrive successfully through a complex and demanding business
- To be able to accept ambiguity and embrace change.
- Flexible benefits package of £1000
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Childcare vouchers
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified accountant looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact Hayley Denson in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this position, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.