Search by job title or keyword
Category Manager - Electrical
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the team.
We are looking for a Category Manager to join our Electrical category. You’ll provide key singular commercial accountability for this trading category across Shop Direct. We have big plans for electrical, with ambitious growth targets and plans to onboard even more brands to sit alongside some of our big branded names; Apple, Samsung, Sony
As a Category Manager, here at Shop Direct, you’ll enjoy significant breadth with day to day responsibility for the key performance indicators, ongoing range development, stock position, supply chain management, development of trading plans, whilst being able to demonstrate the profitable deployment of marketing specific to the category with the support of robust DI.
About the role.
In addition, you will:
- Full end to end financial accountability of the departmental category, with daily responsibility for Sales, Margin, Stock, Cash, Returns and Supplier Contributions/Terms
- Required to develop and source a fit for purpose compelling range which meets the demands of our customer, is aligned to observable market trends and is built upon historic internal insight whilst being ultimately aligned to the divisional framework
- Responsible for the development and management of the category’s promotional & price proposition which drives the most profitable outcome, whilst also delivering headline Sales growth expectations
- Demonstrate a continual curiosity to interpret data/insight, with the aim of driving P&L efficiencies/reduction in the cost base versus category return i.e. assortment optimisation, operational efficiency, minimising product returns
- Fully accountable for supplier relationships including the on boarding of new partners that fill a specific need/gap for the category whilst also managing the ongoing supplier base with the aim of improving commercial terms and ensuring commitments and high standards remain
- Be responsible for the development of the category forecasts aligned to a fit for purpose trading plan. The work primarily will be delivered by the Forecast & Inventory Planner role, however the Category Manager will stand by forecasted outcomes providing singular accountability
- Have accountability for the ongoing sell through performance with Forecast & Inventory Planners supporting to maximise sell through, margin outcomes & maintaining good availability levels
- Be responsible for the ongoing stock and cash position vs budgeted volumes, applying key decisions on future intake/long stocks in the most optimal way
- Accountability for the end to end customer experience (not limited to website) for the specific category. This includes
- Trading - a fit for purpose promotional plan which meets the needs of the Budget, the creative expression/articulation of the product offer to the customer and the merchandising of the range within the websites.
- Marketing - The ongoing assessment/interpretation of CRM, Email, Social and all forms of Digital marketing channel activity, analysing the commercial effect the activity is having on day to day performance
- Accountability within approved headcount/grades to devise the most optimal team set-up to meet the daily demands of the category
We know that our expectations are high, as are our ambitions as a business and we know that one candidate will not have all of the below experience.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 3 years+ product lifecycle experience in a multiple retail/Multi Channel business with significant online presence
- Demonstrable leadership experience with large teams
- The ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment
- Commercial Acumen
- A strategic thinker
- Solutions and delivery focused
- Creative, passionate and innovative
- Champions what is right for the business, team and customer
- Leads and engages a high performing team
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible benefits allowance
- 30 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.30