Search by job title or keyword
Category Assistant - Electrical
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Electrical category for a Category Assistant! You'll work on mobile and tablets, we have big plans for electrical, with ambitious growth targets and plans to onboard even more brands to sit alongside some of our big branded names; Apple, Samsung, Sony. If you are currently an Assistant Buyer/Merchandiser, a role as a Category Assistant will allow you to further develop your skills with dual specialisms of buying and merchandising, sharpen up your trading skills and hone your commercial knowledge along the way too!
- Own the end to end product set up, through to go live and trading
- Creating line level product forecasts and order requirements in response to performance and stock holding to maximise both availability and stock efficiency
- Manage stock through critical path management, progression and replenishment whilst identifying where price/promotional activity is required
- Acts on pricing tools (i.e. revionics) to find matches and make pricing recommendations
- Acts on pricing tools, supported by commercial benefits ie supplier funding
- May own a supplier, or product attribute, from range building, through forecasting, trading and promo activity
- May be involved in sourcing new suppliers or brands
- Produce adhoc reports for the wider category
In Electrical you will also focus on the below core elements day to day
- Relationship management: both internally and externally will be important, building strong relationships to maximise commercial opportunities.
- Marketing: Development of Marketing plans and manage through the business, liaising with appropriate functions both internally as well as within supply base.
- Commercial awareness: Awareness of the market is key, keeping track of competitor activity and actively looking for ways to drive overall category trading performance.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Demonstrable experience of working within a trading/ retail environment
- Experience of interpreting excel/trading information
- Able to lead within peers
- Ability to build relationships, internal, external & international - working cross functionally and collaboratively
- Understands the customer
- Problem solving/strategic thinker
- Decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload
- Negotiating skills
- Planning & Organisation
- £250.00 flexible benefits allowance
- 27 days holiday + bank holidays + option to buy or sell 5
- Onsite gym with over 25 classes
- 25% discount on our Very.co.uk clothing and footwear, 15% off home and electricals
- Health and wellbeing agenda
- Private pension matched at 6%
- Bonus potential (performance and business related)
- On-site discounted restaurant and coffee houses
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking *Subject to availability and postcode eligibility
- Flexible working options
How to apply.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
If you’re a current employee of Shop Direct, please apply via Talent Online as an internal applicant.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status