Search by job title or keyword
Blue Prism ( Automation) Developer
We're Shop Direct, proud home of Very.co.uk, Littlewoods.com and 3,500 super-talented people. We're on a mission to transform retail. We want to provide the best shopping experiences for our 4 million customers by bringing together over 1,800 brands they love and flexible ways for them to spread the cost using credit. It’s what makes us tick; it’s what makes us the largest integrated digital and fintech retailer in the UK, and a very exciting place to work.
We are recruiting 3 full-time Blue Prism Developers to join our team within Customer Services. Blue Prism is at the forefront of the current robotic process automation revolution, and you will be joining a world class team that continues to push the boundaries of innovation in this field.
You’ll be responsible for delivering automated solutions on the Blue Prism platform across various departments, so communication and stakeholder management will be key.
We’re looking for a dynamic candidate to work in a senior position, who has a passion for driving change through creative thinking. You’ll need to be able to lead projects, work on your own and collaborate with the team on a regular basis.
To join the team, you’ll need to have a good understanding of computer programming principles and be prepared to learn new computing languages. Blue Prism experience is not essential, as training and accreditation will be provided.
About the role
- Deliver automated, complex solutions through full lifecycle and accreditation by applying associated methodologies on the Blue Prism robotic process automation framework. Balance multiple projects with the ability to switch priorities based on business needs
- Utilise process improvement methodology to drive efficiencies prior to automation
- Stakeholder management - working with key stakeholders across a variety of levels, from advisor to board level.
- Execute full end to end testing procedure for every automated process including components, business objects and live data
- Proactively review the performance of automated solutions to drive efficiencies.
- Work within project planning constraints, communicating any identified risks and issues to the delivery/project manager and provide inputs to the change control process
- Resolve complex/escalated issues that arise in day to day running of automated process and provide timely responses and solutions as required
- Facilitate full sign-off of proposed solution through stakeholder engagement, including Compliance, IT and operational areas
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills with the ability to work to tight timescales and manage multiple projects
- An aptitude for problem solving, with the ability to take a logical route to the source of an error
- Experience of object orientated programming with the ability to code in languages such as VB/Python/SQL/JAVA/HTML/JAVA script is desirable with experience in at least one.
How to apply.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is passionate about xxxxx looking for their next career move. If you're interested to find out more please contact xxxxxxx in the talent acquisition team at Shop Direct or apply online.
Please note that the talent acquisition team are managing this vacancy directly, and if successful in securing this role, you may be required to undertake a credit, CIFAS and CRB check.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.